Australia's Katrina

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, Peter Pockington and Conrad Black, they are both in US courts of tax invasion and purgery. I should call him Sir Conrad Black (he has been knighted by the Queen).

Michael J Fox ofcourse is in California as well (Back to the Future, and Family Ties), So is Wayne Gretzky with his American wife and former actress Janet, and ofcourse Shatner (being busy with all his commercials and his new show series of "Wierd or What" )

There are thousands of Canadians that have retired in the US. Not just the stars and the famous, but also those who have money, to do so.
Those that don't have all that money, they are the snowbirds, that halfway retire in California, Neveda, AZ, FL, and other southern states.
They stay there for 6 months each year during our winter (so they don't lose the Canadian bennies).

Well, Peter Pockington and Conrad Black, they are both in US courts of tax invasion and purgery. I should call him Sir Conrad Black (he has been knighted by the Queen).

Michael J Fox ofcourse is in California as well (Back to the Future, and Family Ties), So is Wayne Gretzky with his American wife and former actress Janet, and ofcourse Shatner (being busy with all his commercials and his new show series of "Wierd or What" )

There are thousands of Canadians that have retired in the US. Not just the stars and the famous, but also those who have money, to do so.
Those that don't have all that money, they are the snowbirds, that halfway retire in California, Neveda, AZ, FL, and other southern states.
They stay there for 6 months each year during our winter (so they don't lose the Canadian bennies).
OK, now you have totally confused me.
Previously on Brown Cafe....
Originally Posted by trplnkl
Good luck on that, I have heard that NZ is very hard to immigrate to. Seems they are very picky who they let in.

Then you said:

Retirement is a different story.
Like, I could, in the future, retire permently in the States, but then I would lose my government pension and old age pension, plus healthcare.
We are allowed to leave the country for 6 months at a time, otherwise we lose those bennies.

As a retiree, you are welcomed almost everywhere, since all you do is spend your money, and don't work (you won't ask for a working permit), and ofcourse you don't get any of their government bennies, like healthcare or pension.
That you would need to keep in the US, and make sure it's valid for other countries.

Why would you bring up Canadians retiring to or moving to the USA, when I was posting about NZ?

klein

Für Meno :)
Because he could do the same in NZ, or Europe, or anywhere for that matter of fact !
As long as you don't work, don't get any bennies from that country, you are just a tourist (a visitor), and that's it.

Yup, just like NASA, no one works there, and the lazy bums on the space shuttles and space station.
They must have told themselves why use monkeys if we have enough homegrown bums on the street, eh ?

I thought you had a house?

On the side this guy must be your hero, 20+ years of not doing much in the way of work, drugs and liquor. Right up your alley.

imagesCAT2YUHY.jpg
imagesCAT2YUHY.jpg

Because he could do the same in NZ, or Europe, or anywhere for that matter of fact !
As long as you don't work, don't get any bennies from that country, you are just a tourist (a visitor), and that's it.
Once again, you are making stuff up. You might want to google New Zealand immigration.