Auto Mechanics Beware of Jack Stand Violations and Hazards

Integrity

Binge Poster
I, with all the violations you have noticed, why would you not file a class-action lawsuit and collect millions from the company. Upon your victorious litigation, you wouldn't have to work for such a low-class and unsafe employer.
scooby0048,

Thank you for your counsel, but no thanks.

I would gladly consider joining forces to address valid employee concerns though.

I would only discuss those possibilities through private message though.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not a hazard. Next please.
Brownslave688,

You have no basis for this wrong statement.

If you care not enough for yourself to follow safety alerts don't make that the basis for truth.

This may be putting young inexperienced, impressionable mechanics at risk of injury or death.

Truth is it is a recognized hazard and ignoring safety warnings is obviously an OSHA violation.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Brownslave688,

You have no basis for this wrong statement.

If you care not enough for yourself to follow safety alerts don't make that the basis for truth.

This may be putting young inexperienced, impressionable mechanics at risk of injury or death.

Truth is it is a recognized hazard and ignoring safety warnings is obviously an OSHA violation.

Sincerely,
I
My basis is mechanics with thousands of years experiance between them as opposed to a corporation trying to cove their ass.

Integrity

Binge Poster
My basis is mechanics with thousands of years experiance between them as opposed to a corporation trying to cove their ass.
Brownslave688,

As I stated you have no basis for your untrue statement.

You are entitled to be wrong. Just don't bring others down with you.

No disrespect but individuals who become mechanics are usually not thought of as the most wise of a people.

I would be careful of where you obtain your collective wisdom.

Sincerely,
I

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
No disrespect but individuals who become mechanics are usually not thought of as the most wise of a people.
Sincerely,
I
And yet the wisest of people cannot repair their own automobiles so they turn to mechanics...strange how those two corroborate each other.

scooby0048

Sincerely,
I
I, have you reported these violations to OSHA so that they may be investigated properly or are you hoping to bring this to light under the guise of a group complaint so that the company will not target you as a whistleblower? Even one individual has a voice and can make an impact, especially if there is a justifiable violation.

So far, you have numerous posts of which content clearly indicate there are violations, however you have neither shared the results or updated this forum, on the outcomes of your perceived violations and the actions you took or others have taken to correct them.
Sincerely,
ScoobyDoo

Integrity

Binge Poster
I, have you reported these violations to OSHA so that they may be investigated properly or are you hoping to bring this to light under the guise of a group complaint so that the company will not target you as a whistleblower? Even one individual has a voice and can make an impact, especially if there is a justifiable violation.

So far, you have numerous posts of which content clearly indicate there are violations, however you have neither shared the results or updated this forum, on the outcomes of your perceived violations and the actions you took or others have taken to correct them.
Sincerely,
ScoobyDoo
scooby0048,

I have not reported this violation.

It is unlawful for organizations to target whistle blowers. I have no fear of this.

Maybe one day Integrity or someone who knows of Integrity will do just that.

If anyone would like to join forces with me in addressing this concern in concerted activity I would consider it.

You can PM me.

Sincerely,
I

scooby0048

scooby0048,

I have not reported this violation.

It is unlawful for organizations to target whistle blowers. I have no fear of this.

Sincerely,
I
Then why have you not reported these violations yourself?

scooby0048,

Maybe one day Integrity or someone who knows of Integrity will do just that.

Sincerely,
I
When will that day come? After you or someone else is hurt by these alleged violations?

scooby0048,
If anyone would like to join forces with me in addressing this concern in concerted activity I would consider it.
Sincerely,
I
Again, one voice is just as important as a group of voices...so why not yours?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Then why have you not reported these violations yourself?

When will that day come? After you or someone else is hurt by these alleged violations?

Again, one voice is just as important as a group of voices...so why not yours?
Scooby0048,

I do not report every violation that I have knowledge of, it would be impractical, and unproductive.
I do however reserve the right to discuss these things with no preconceived plan or obligation to report them or not to report them.

I don't know when the day will come that I will report this violation, I don't even know if the day will come.

If I receive knowledge of an injury I might.

One voice is fine. Joining forces is fine. If you are so inclined I will consider some concerted activity to address this issue.

PM me if you are so inclined.

Sincerely,
I

jr32bad

Easy problem to solve ups should have oil change pit or a lift they worried so much about safety but don't want to spend any money to fix it . Typical fortune 500 company

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just because I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, has Integrity ever crawled under a car with or without jack stands?

And if so, how many jack stands and how were they placed?