Auto Mechanics Beware of Jack Stand Violations and Hazards

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just because I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, has Integrity ever crawled under a car with or without jack stands?

And if so, how many jack stands and how were they placed?
cosmo1,

Yes. Yes. Yes. 2. According to manufacturer instructions.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Easy problem to solve ups should have oil change pit or a lift they worried so much about safety but don't want to spend any money to fix it . Typical fortune 500 company
jr32bad,

Probably an over looked issue due to managemen and mechanic complacency and ignorance to the violation.

Your assessment is probably valid.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Brownslave688,

As I stated you have no basis for your untrue statement.

You are entitled to be wrong. Just don't bring others down with you.

No disrespect but individuals who become mechanics are usually not thought of as the most wise of a people.

I would be careful of where you obtain your collective wisdom.

Sincerely,
I
One of your most ignorant statements I've seen on here. That's saying a lot.

Integrity

Binge Poster
One of your most ignorant statements I've seen on here. That's saying a lot.
Brownslave688,

I don't know what you mean about an ignorant statement you are entitled to your opinion.

Ignorance is not following safety warnings found in manufacturers operating instructions for the safe use of equipment.

http://download.sears.com/own/00950163e.pdf

http://www.norcoind.com/norco/downloads/manuals/JackStand_Manual.pdf

http://www.powerstationusa.com/manuals/NJS0301.pdf

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/38000-38999/38846.pdf

Inexcusable ignorance is ignoring the warnings and trying to convince others that they know better and are in the right.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

By saying ignorant I was giving you the benefit of doubt but seeing that I don't think you know the meaning if ignorant ill just stop.

Integrity

Binge Poster
By saying ignorant I was giving you the benefit of doubt but seeing that I don't think you know the meaning if ignorant ill just stop.
Brownslave688,

If you are a mechanic, I would stop and seriously read those operator manuals and rethink your opinion as to this issue.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

Brownslave688,

If you are a mechanic, I would stop and seriously read those operator manuals and rethink your opinion as to this issue.

Sincerely,
I
You mean like how I need safety glasses to remove a screw?

Yeah you keep wasting your time reading and I will keep getting :censored2: done.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You mean like how I need safety glasses to remove a screw?

Yeah you keep wasting your time reading and I will keep getting :censored2: done.

Brownslave688,

The requirements for the use of safety glasses has nothing to do with the proper use of jack stands.

If you are interested in this you may want to start a discussion thread on it.

You have sparked my interest in eye protection in the workplace though.

You go ahead and keep being one of those "getter done" kinda guys, I have seen many along my way.

They are usually the most reckless, unsafe worker's who have little regard for safety instructions and more regard for how things have always been done.

May God protect you in your folly.

Sincerely,
I

upschuck

Are you sure the stands used are not rated for higher weights? The ones I see at the shop seem a lot sturdier than the ones I have at home, which are rated at the specifications mentioned.

cosmo1,

Yes. Yes. Yes. 2. According to manufacturer instructions.

Sincerely,
I
image.jpeg

Integrity

Binge Poster
Since the hypothesis was wrong, this thread is searching for information about a problem that does not exist. Nice.
upschuck,

There is no hypothesis. The operator manuals provide the directions for safe use.

UPS mechanics chronically go against these safety requirements therefore it is a problem that exists, only some want to pretend it doesn't.

Sincerely,
I

DruDownOnHere

You cant fit under a package car without a jack? When do you take all 4 wheels off at once? If 2 wheels are off 4 jack stands and a jack for backup seems like enough integrity.