Automotive Mechanic

S

selfcancelsignal

Can't fix what you can't see. Haven't got all day to mess with it. Gotta move on to what you can fix.
I'm sure you do the best you can & have pretty good integrity, but the mechanic at our center is absolute garbage!

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The only time my car is pulled is for PM, with no warning of course. If I was given a head up, I could pull my stuff out ahead of time.
There should be no reason for your car to be pulled for a PM unless a need for a serious repair is discovered. Standard time for the PM ranges from about 1.5 to 2.2 hours, not all day.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our PM's sometimes are all week. Seems like they always have to order parts. I'm sure they are short staffed as well.

Years back, we had this big meeting about how the shop would notify us about truck being pulled. Sounded good, but it never happened. I don't blame the mechanic, I blame management.

S

selfcancelsignal

Two threads you slam the mech. Maybe go into detail?
Nah, I need to try to start buddying up to him to get stuff fixed, I spose. It's kinda hard though, 'cause he always seems so grumpy, & sarcastic, & let's face it, I don't know shizz about engines other than they make vehicles go. LMAO.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only time my car is pulled is for PM, with no warning of course. If I was given a head up, I could pull my stuff out ahead of time.

They do that here as well. I don't keep any personal stuff in the car but I would like the "heads up" so I can write up each and every little thing that I would like to have addressed during the PMI.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
I try to give a heads up, but there are times when mngt will come out during pcm and instruct us to do a PMI on a car. Work as instructed, sure makes for a good payday.

They do that here as well. I don't keep any personal stuff in the car but I would like the "heads up" so I can write up each and every little thing that I would like to have addressed during the PMI.

For minor , non safety, things you would like to see done at PMI write them on the outer cover with the notation of At PMI. It's what we do.