Avatar -Science Fiction or Disgrace ?

island1fox

I guess the real question islandfox1 is why the hell do you always have to rip on the folks on the left? We know you are on the right and we get it already. Do you have an agenda or something? I am suprised you are not blaming President Obama for this movie!!!!

purple,
None of your business what "side" I am on. Ohhhhhh --you are on the right --ohhh--you are on the left --Get a life !!!:wink2: Is this a "left only" or "right only" Brown Cafe --I think not !!
Worry about yourself --do not like my posts --do not read them --simple enough ?

island1fox

You do realize that you did help underwrite this film by buying a ticket. Assuming you saw the trailer like I did (I saw the trailer when I saw 2012) , you could not help but know that this was going to be a theme of the film.

pickup,
Very good point. I did contribute to the film. From my point of view I am open to all honest opinions.
If the film portrayed the very small % of our military -which would be honest and real -as evil people -o/k. I am fine with what some may call a "Healthy Evaluation"
If Hollywood makes a "SCIENCE FICTION" movie not based on any real events ---Clingons attacking the Spocks ---fine.
As some people TRY to honestly post here --this is just a science fiction film why get so upset ----???It is not !!
I would respect their position alot more --tell the truth --It is a LIBERAL -
ANTI -american movie --that uses the term "science fiction" as a phony front --to classify 99.9% of United States Marines as Woman and Baby Killers.
While America is at War ---wheter you agree on the war or not ---I truly believe that the Majority of our Brave young Marines Should not be "spat" upon ----and this is what the film does. Back to your point --if I would have known then -what I know now --I would not have contributed.
The trailor did not give me the FULL message . :wink2:

island1fox

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/blog/?p=121

http://conservativenorthwest.com/?p=1284

http://www.c-spanclassroom.org/pdf/Health_Care_Debate_Lesson_Plan_Dec2009.pdf

http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN2.aspx

Island, closed door meetings mean exactly that, you show me an Adm/House/ or Senate with no closed door meetings and I'll show you snow white riding pink unicorns....and please, contain yourself, try not to inject the race card into this thread...Look, the links above show that the bulk of HealthCare Reform was aired. Yes, dirty deals are made behind closed doors, but lets evaluate who the sleazy deals were made with. Gee, what a surprise, Conservative blue dogs and other random sleazy Repub's. What does that tell you Island. The dirty politics and sleazy deals were made to satisfy conservatives values, and weaken HealthCare Reform from it's original intention, which grinds my gears.

diesel,

Open debate means open debate ---Obama said HE was changing politics of the past!! Televised on c-span ---MEANS--televised on c-span. Let the country know who is doing what to whom --both Democrat and Republican --I do not fear that --Only Dirty Harry feared that.
Let me also remind you--Obama said no final Bill would be signed by him unless the American public had time to read the entire final posted Bill ???
Can anyone say Stimulous ????? Wake up--put the Kool aid down.
Also stop blaming "conservative values" The Democrats have FULL contol ---it is all theirs !!!!

The way you react --you think I said thoses things ???
Or was this again the definition of what "is" "IS" ?????:happy-very:

P.S.

I do enjoy the back and forth banter with you --I think you know that --but it looks like we may be worrying some other "posters":peaceful:

island1fox

I'm on the moreluck side.....the side of truth, justice and the American way !!!

moreluck,
Again a good side to be on !!! I enjoy some of the "posters" who can lighten things up for all of us ---sometimes --myself included --things can get too testy !!!:wink2:

purplesky

purple,
None of your business what "side" I am on. Ohhhhhh --you are on the right --ohhh--you are on the left --Get a life !!!:wink2: Is this a "left only" or "right only" Brown Cafe --I think not !!
Worry about yourself --do not like my posts --do not read them --simple enough ?

Hello! You islandfox1 are the one who is putting your political views on this board constantly being negative about the left. You have an agenda and I AM CALLING YOU OUT! YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO TELL THE WORLD HOW BAD THE LEFT IS. You make it everyones business everytime you start one of these rightwinger posts. Isnt that your intent? To spread your Fox News not fair and not balanced mentality!:wink2: I am making it my business and I am watching you.:smart:

island1fox

Hello! You islandfox1 are the one who is putting your political views on this board constantly being negative about the left. You have an agenda and I AM CALLING YOU OUT! YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO TELL THE WORLD HOW BAD THE LEFT IS. You make it everyones business everytime you start one of these rightwinger posts. Isnt that your intent? To spread your Fox News not fair and not balanced mentality!:wink2: I am making it my business and I am watching you.:smart:

Purple,
You seem to be afraid of free speech!!!
This is a current events forum --Politics is openly discussed from all "sides" and angles.
Grow up!!!
Gee --you are watching my posts !!!! The post Police --be afraid --be very afraid.
???????You are calling me out ???? What are a ten year old ?????
Chill Out !!

purplesky

Purple,
You seem to be afraid of free speech!!!
This is a current events forum --Politics is openly discussed from all "sides" and angles.
Grow up!!!
Gee --you are watching my posts !!!! The post Police --be afraid --be very afraid.
???????You are calling me out ???? What are a ten year old ?????
Chill Out !!

You told me to mind my own business so who is afraid of free speech? Overall I am just joking around with you but I am still watching you. You really do have some deep dark daddy issues with the left and I think you should go talk to a priest or a Rabbi about it. :funny:

island1fox

You told me to mind my own business so who is afraid of free speech? Overall I am just joking around with you but I am still watching you. You really do have some deep dark daddy issues with the left and I think you should go talk to a priest or a Rabbi about it. :funny:

purple,
No offense intended --I enjoy Diesel and many of the "left"posts --good discussion and banter. You are free to post what you want within the bounds of the BC rules. But personally --I find you immature and boring !!!:sad-little:My statement to you regarding mind your own business was related to whether I am Right or left or whatever--I could care less of where you or any one else stands politically --that is your business--seems simple enough ---agree to disagree ?

P.S. if you get off watching --be my guest !!!:peaceful:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I have to agree that the portrayal of the military in "Hollywood" as a bunch of thugs, or worse, can be a bore.

It is a convenient plot device, similar to making bikers into criminals, conservatives into racists, and any number of other hackneyed characterizations of different groups of people. It is what the lazy writer resorts to.

On the other hand, watching films that smack of military propaganda does not further our understanding of the human condition either.

Thank God for the Three Stooges! The only message they convey is one of hilarity!

bbsam

Staff member
I have to agree that the portrayal of the military in "Hollywood" as a bunch of thugs, or worse, can be a bore.

It is a convenient plot device, similar to making bikers into criminals, conservatives into racists, and any number of other hackneyed characterizations of different groups of people. It is what the lazy writer resorts to.

On the other hand, watching films that smack of military propaganda does not further our understanding of the human condition either.

Thank God for the Three Stooges! The only message they convey is one of hilarity!
Or Harold Lloyd. Funny and ballsy!

saw the movie today. thought it reflected the encroachment of the white man over the native americans more than anything.

see it,have fun,its just a movie.

P

pickup

saw the movie today. thought it reflected the encroachment of the white man over the native americans more than anything.

see it,have fun,its just a movie.

don't need to see this movie, saw it quite a few years ago, it was called "Dances with Wolves"