average age of UPS workers?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Rayver723, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Rayver723

Rayver723 New Member

for handlers?
    drivers?

i was just curious, does it vary? mainly for handlers, im in my mid 20's and for some reason i expect to be working with 18/19 yr olds right out of highschool. or at the very least college students. is that a fair assumption? or are there older package handlers? thanks for your help

2. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

My average age is 29. Well, maybe physical age is 60, but AVERAGE IS 29!!!!!!

3. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

The average of my years of driving and my age is 38.

4. JackAttack

JackAttack New Member

22, theres a lot of partimers that I work with that are in their 30's though, one of the unloaders in my section is 56 i think

5. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

I'm 7+ in dog years. And while most of the part timers are youngsters, there are still a number of 25+years old loaders as well.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

i would say our avg. driver is about 33

7. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

The average age of all the 49 year old UPSers is 49. Likewise all the 48 year olds average out to 48...etc...etc...etc...

8. Im 27 and one of the youngest guys working the preload.

9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Im almost half of a century. EEEGAAD, I never thought I would be getting OLD. Now that Ive faced that awful thought, I think Ill have a nightcap. :w00t:I would say the avg driver in my center is 35, and the avg ptimer is 28.

10. longlunchguy

longlunchguy Runnin on Empty

I'm 50, and some days I feel it. Looking ariund the preload, at all those young people I think the average age is 12:w00t:

11. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

:lol: yeppers!

12. nickelback

nickelback Educated Hillbilly

I'm 38, been there for 20 years. 8 part time and 12 full time. I am right in the middle as far as age goes. In FT senority, I'm 14th out of 26. Our oldest driver is 61, and the youngest is 21

13. Up_and_at_UPS

Up_and_at_UPS Coffee box sniffer

32, just getting started. I work next to another pre-loader who is 52 with thirty four years in the company. He makes 27.41 an hour and earns every penny. Every time he complains, I say, at least your not making 9.50. This always cheers him up!

14. wyobill

wyobill New Member

Im 7 in dogs years and very ready to turn this job over to a younger pup so you young dogs root for that 25 and out with 2500 at any age and Im out of here.