Average hours worked.

TheBeerDriver

Just curious on what you guys work in a week on average. (Not during peak). I know the package handlers usually work 4 hour shifts Monday through Friday but what about you package car drivers and feeder drivers? Also curios on your start and end day times.

browner89

Just curious on what you guys work in a week on average. (Not during peak). I know the package handlers usually work 4 hour shifts Monday through Friday but what about you package car drivers and feeder drivers? Also curios on your start and end day times.

Hard to answer that question for everyone, it's very dependent on locale.

Here, package handlers (local sort) start before 3 anymore on Mondays and around 3:45-4 on Fridays and noone usually goes home til after 9, this past month has been a huge volume increase for us.

Drivers start from 8:15-9:00 depending on the day and it's entirely route dependent. Some routes are back within minutes of the local sort starting every day and other routes don't pull in til 8:00 daily.

Ms.PacMan

True, as a delivery driver my days are never the same but I usually have an idea of the day. Is that how it is with you? Or is it totally different week to week?

We really only have a solid idea of the day when we see the truck in the morning and even then I may not have a good guess as to what time I'll be off until as late as 2.

For me I'll get home sometime between 5:30 and 7:00.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We really only have a solid idea of the day when we see the truck in the morning and even then I may not have a good guess as to what time I'll be off until as late as 2.

For me I'll get home sometime between 5:30 and 7:00.
Unless you know you have an 8 hour request.

TheBeerDriver

We get a text where I work telling us how many cases and how many kegs are going out. It doesn't tell you how many stops or anything but gives you a little idea of the day.

km3

I got moved to a different area back in September. In my old area, I got at least an hour of overtime every night. In my new area, I'm almost always out before the 4 1/2 hour mark.

I definitely miss all the overtime pay, but I don't miss having to deal with 32 irreg carts every single day (my new area doesn't get irregs).

So, as far as averages go, for package handlers in my building, it varies based on what you're doing, where you're doing it, staffing situation, etc..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
All going to depend on your building and sort. Local sort in my building averages 3.5 a night. Preload on the other hand is always right at 5. It obviously goes way up during peak though.

Whywereoff

Without doubling on Mondays about 33 hours per week. I work twilight and our building has been a :censored2: show since June. I'm looking at about 80 during peak, but that's if they cancel my driver training again.