Average over allowed

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
What is the average amount of over allowed in your center? In our small center, if you are more than an hour over they freak out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I really do not look at other's time. My average is between +.35 to +.75. I do not care about being over/under, I look to make sure that they paid me the amount that I worked.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
What is the average amount of over allowed in your center? In our small center, if you are more than an hour over they freak out.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm not shure but I have a report that shows the Easter bunny runs a 4.3 40 yard dash and Santa clause wasn't nearly as fast he was an hour or so late. Hope that helps. :fantasysmiley:Don't even acknowledge there funny papers

iruhnman630

Comparing route-to-route averages is pointless when the different routes are consistently over/under by the same difference.

Ex: one route I consistently average around +0.25, +1.0 on a second route, and -1.0 on a third route I run.

The numbers are for our amusement, nothing more.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The numbers vary from day to day on my route. I have had two virtually identical days in del pieces, del stops, p/u pieces, p/u stops, and miles be as much as a half hour different. If you could figure out the way they figure out over allowed then I would pay attention. Instead it seems like tea leaves and chicken bones are used to figure standards.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
They are over allowed, and Their integrity is shot.

Thursday a big wig was here discussing drivers who are "over allowed" with the division manager, center managers, and other sups while us hourlies worked our butts off to service the customer and keep management off our backs. I know of at least one sup who was absent from said meeting bc they were out running a route. Related or not, Friday a.m. Sups were loading cars and at least one was driving a metal train.

Thursday evening in the city where this particular member of management traveled from to pow-wow about "over allowed" a driver ran over and killed a small engine cyclist. We were told of this Friday by management. Of course there is no mention of this in the media that I can find. This on top of two intersection tier 3s in our area in the last couple of weeks, also not publicized. I know one in which the driver was found not at fault was still deemed avoidable by the company and from what I know, IMO, was probably avoidable. IMO the driver's actions, though ultimately his responsibility, were a result of the stress caused by the company's unrealistic expectations.

Around my elbow to get you-know-where bc I am so angry and incredulous that it makes me shake. If you know anything about what's going on and you're not mad, you're not really paying attention or you just don't care.

I like a lot of the new tech. Some of it does make parts of my job easier so I can focus on safety. BUT THEIR NUMBERS ARE UNREALISTIC!!! Dare I say a majority of us who are within allowed limits, running scratch or even bonus are coming in early working off the clock and sorting during our lunches. And we're still working until 7 and 8 pm and later.

I am dreading the implementation of Orion in our center because of the likely negative effect on customer service and the bickering between management & drivers it may cause. I welcome it because I fully intend to show up at my start time and relax for an hour +10 during the day and run as close to 100% as I can. From what I understand, the only decisions I will have to make will be related to safety. If it takes me 20 minutes to get to a package on the 6000 shelf, so be it. I won't hurt myself doing it. If Big O sends me through the worst traffic conditions at the worst possible times and this blows my planned day, good. More $ in my pocket.

I'm tired of sweating the stress they cause with their selfish and simplistic math. Their integrity is shot and mine will remain intact. G-d help me for posting this.

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have a lot of 30 year old kids that run under.....

Yup, they help balance out the curve.

They will sometimes tell us that as a center we were say 15 hours over for one day. Our run and gunners therefore do a hell of a job balancing the rest of us out since I know a lot of drivers who are .75-1.5 hours over daily, including myself.

jaker

trolling
How about this when you look at the paper only look at yours and don't worry about anybody else

I look at mine daily and only mine because I don't care what anybody else does on their route or what they do during the day , just don't ask me for help and we are good