avoidable accidents getting fired?

brownIEman

I was charged with a avoidable accident when a car backed into to me at a fast pace. Law enforcement charge him 100% at fault. I suffered neck injuries and eventually settled for a 5 figure settlement in lawsuit against driver of car that hit me. Ups received $8,000.00 for repairs on package car from his insurance company. My settlement check was overnighted to me via UPS and I proudly displayed check to management. AND this was all my fault. If someone hits you and you feel any pain immediately call 911.

That is a big negative. Avoidable does not equal fault.
To make a very clear black and white example - Say I am driving on a rural road, flat, clear visibility for miles, and I am looking straight ahead. I cross an intersection in which my lane of travel has no stop sign, the crossing street does. A drunk driver blows through the stop sign and broadsides me. Had I looked LRL while approaching, I would have seen him coming and could have avoided the accident. The accident was his fault, he blew through the stop sign. The accident was not my fault, yet it was avoidable on my part. At fault does not equal avoidable, not at fault does not equal unavoidable.