Awards...

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I just got the award catalog for my 15 yr anniversary, what a load of horse crap. How many pairs of freaking binoculars can one person need?

I thought they were going to "update" the choices, like they did for the driver awards.

Wow, and it's a wonder to some why we have such low morale...

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I traded my DeWalt sawzall for a pretty nice thing when I hit 5 yrs. of safe driving.
Ebay gave me the boot b/c I used a copyrighted image of the saw on my listing. Oooops.

vantexan

I just got the award catalog for my 15 yr anniversary, what a load of horse crap. How many pairs of freaking binoculars can one person need?

I thought they were going to "update" the choices, like they did for the driver awards.

Wow, and it's a wonder to some why we have such low morale...

I just can't bring myself to accept any of their awards. Having to work next to people who have made substantially more than me for 13 years, and always will, makes me feel like a second class citizen. Accepting an award to me gives legitimacy to what they're doing. They can keep their stuff.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just can't bring myself to accept any of their awards. Having to work next to people who have made substantially more than me for 13 years, and always will, makes me feel like a second class citizen. Accepting an award to me gives legitimacy to what they're doing. They can keep their stuff.

Most of it is crap anyway. I'm glad you have integrity and honor, and am proud you don't accept their meaningless garbage tokens.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The plan was to do as 7 did and turn something decent into cash to "supplement" my "income". Who the hell is going to buy a FedEx branded duffel bag?

It's pretty sad that the 5 year awards are better. I guess that's more proof they are trying to move us long term employees out the door....they figured we'd be out the door already.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I sold my 5 yrs. safe driving lapel pin to a gold buyer and got $15.

Look on eBay and see how many service awards and uniforms are for sale...a lot. That says a lot about both Express turnover and the lack of pride most people have in this company. I used to see couriers proudly wearing rings and the pins, and now I never see it. There really isn't anything to be proud about any longer.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

What about those dandy 25 year safe driving leather jackets that the recipient is not allowed to wear to work? I only wear my FedEx outerwear when I don't want to ruin my own, like working on the car or in the yard.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Look on eBay and see how many service awards and uniforms are for sale...a lot. That says a lot about both Express turnover and the lack of pride most people have in this company. I used to see couriers proudly wearing rings and the pins, and now I never see it. There really isn't anything to be proud about any longer.

I haven't seen any courier wearing rings or pins for at least 10 years, maybe longer.

Geez, I wonder who we have thank for that?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What about those dandy 25 year safe driving leather jackets that the recipient is not allowed to wear to work? I only wear my FedEx outerwear when I don't want to ruin my own, like working on the car or in the yard.

Where else would you wear it? I see some of the CTV guys wearing their leather jackets, so what's the difference? I remember years ago seeing our MD out shopping with his wife and kids at a local mall wearing a courier jacket with obvious pride. Besides looking absolutely ridiculous, do you really want to advertise that you work for WalMart on Wheels?

vantexan

Where else would you wear it? I see some of the CTV guys wearing their leather jackets, so what's the difference? I remember years ago seeing our MD out shopping with his wife and kids at a local mall wearing a courier jacket with obvious pride. Besides looking absolutely ridiculous, do you really want to advertise that you work for WalMart on Wheels?

Well, since I'm single with few prospects I wear the FedEx stuff all the time during the week. I just look like I just got off work when I run to the store at 10 pm.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

It dawned on me why the anniversary and safe driving awards are so different. Making it to an anniversary is not that big of a deal so they offer crap. Safe driving is basically not going to happen for most of us because of the ridiculous standards we have to meet on a daily basis, so they can afford to give better stuff there, they know most people won't make it past 5 years of safe driving.

Kind of opens your eyes when you put it in the proper perspective.