aww man..what happens if you miss a call from UPS for a job?

J

JGsincere

its like someone is telling me to not work for UPS..bad things keep happening. i JUST found out that i got a call from UPS a WEEK ago on the 7th. i dont have a cell phone so i gave them my house number. i tried to call back and it started making this weird noise then i got a busy signal..what do i do now?..i thought about going straight to the UPS location to ask about my job but i wouldnt know how to set that up

edit: the number was 212-631-6001

atatbl

its like someone is telling me to not work for UPS..bad things keep happening. i JUST found out that i got a call from UPS a WEEK ago on the 7th. i dont have a cell phone so i gave them my house number. i tried to call back and it started making this weird noise then i got a busy signal..what do i do now?..i thought about going straight to the UPS location to ask about my job but i wouldnt know how to set that up

Hopefully UpstateNYer will help you out.

J

JGsincere

and another question, how the hell do you contact your local HR?..its almost impossible to be able to call about your job inquiry. i need to get in contact with a HR rep

drewed

Shankman
All UPS facilities (that I know of) use a trunk line (one that dialed out of but not into) so you cant call us back with frivilous calls

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
got a question. how did you find out a week later? and why did they not think it important enough to tell you.

secondly, your personal visit to the center would probably mean more than a phone call, which you cant seem to do anyway.

go, that way they can at least see you are interested and motivated. which to me means you really want the job.

but for all practical purposes, a phone call a week ago most likely means that the job has been filled by someone else that got the message.

i hope you are not too late. but then again, they look for people all the time.

d

Jigawatts

It is impossible to reach ups unless you already know a valid phone number.
That's by design.

I missed a call. I called back first thing in the morning. They told me all the
positions have been filled. I didn't get hired for another year after that.

Life would be much easier if I was there to get that call. I'd have just enough
seniority to put me where I need to be.

J

JGsincere

WOW...at 4:30 i got a call from UPS today!!!!...they want me to come in for the driver helper orientation..i went from being sad to happy again.:happy-very:..she told me to come in tomm and for me to trim my facial hair!..the only thing was the lady didnt tell me what time to go in for the orientation..and i forgot to ask..and i wasnt able to call back. so im screwed..so im just going to go in as early as possible..what times do orientations start?

J

JGsincere

quick question about the orientation. what should i wear?..i just got back from a grooming..i want to know if i should wear a button up dress shirt and slacks with a tie?...is that over dressing?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
trim/ grooming? i hope you are clean shaven, cause anything less that that as a driver helper is a no no.

wear something clean and comfortable. no tie. button up shirt will be ok. wear clean and polished shoes.

and get there early. nothing says you dont care as much as running late.

d

atatbl

what do i do now?

and another question, how the hell do you contact your local HR?..its almost impossible to be able to call about your job inquiry. i need to get in contact with a HR rep

the only thing was the lady didnt tell me what time to go in for the orientation..and i forgot to ask..and i wasnt able to call back. so im screwed..so im just going to go in as early as possible..what times do orientations start?

quick question about the orientation. what should i wear?..i just got back from a grooming..i want to know if i should wear a button up dress shirt and slacks with a tie?...is that over dressing?

Sorry, but I am laughing my ass off at this thread. I would consider killing a small puppy to be able to be in the car with you your first day as a helper. If you don't get Gandhi as a driver I will be surprised if the driver does not kill you.

drewed

Shankman
Sorry, but I am laughing my ass off at this thread. I would consider killing a small puppy to be able to be in the car with you your first day as a helper. If you don't get Gandhi as a driver I will be surprised if the driver does not kill you.

Hes a troll hes been banned before...this is a new persona for him though...but always an idiot....lets not talk to him and watch him get angy