Bachelor's Degree required for FT Mgmt?

upser101

All good advice, I have a little over 3 years under my belt. My FT Sup knows I want to go driving and not join her in the FT Sup ranks. I'm only 24 so I have time to learn, make myself visible and available and get that driving position one day.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Allow me to add to this conversation...

B. A. / B. S. is not a job guarantee at UPS or anywhere.
You need to want that education and you have to earn it!!
Conversely, you have to want that job and you need to convince me that you should be hired.

I road the drop in/drop out highway of higher education.
I finally finished; I did it for me.

And what I learned can be condensed into this phrase,

“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”
― Aristotle

Life long learning is the key to success; but sometimes it takes a degree to make it into the pile of considered applicants when you are an outsider.

As an insider; integrity is the asset that follows you from day one.

If you want to be driver - be a driver.
If you see a future in management - make the move.

Don't ask for a consensus or the approval of others.
thats where i disagree, talk to those in operations around you,, research the position your interested in by communicating to those in that position,, I did, and they effectively talked me out of going into operations..not much future for management unless your filling the minority /anti discrimination future lawsuit slot,

rocket man

Hello everyone, I am a PT Supervisor for the Preload at the Greensboro, NC hub. I'm wondering if you need a bachelor's degree to move into full time management these days since that may be my best bet to go driving? I was lied to when promoted, they told me that PT supervision is a shortcut to driving, otherwise I would have never done it. I was also told that my Associate's Degree would be enough for my career at UPS, seems now that I'm a PT sup I'm finding out that may not be the case. Any help is greatly appreciated, my true goal at UPS is to be a driver. As an hourly in Greensboro, a cover driver position takes around 13 years to attain, and an additional 5-6 to get a permanent route. That's almost two decades! Please help! Thanks in advance.
How are you? happy holidays. a degree will help so much I asked my on roads and they said 1000 pct get the degree . it helped my on roads get down to a 14 hour day i hope this helps

upser101

I feel like the degree would help, but I already went to school for 2 years, I hate the thought of another 2 years of school. Maybe I'm crazy but I really dislike school, however I do like making money.

upser101

UPS is such a big place and the people I know are only the tip of the iceberg. I did driver helper for 2 years and his advice was stay hourly cause that way you're guaranteed the driving slot. Good job following a drivers advice eh?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I feel like the degree would help, but I already went to school for 2 years, I hate the thought of another 2 years of school. Maybe I'm crazy but I really dislike school, however I do like making money.

Two years of college?

You may have earned an Associate Degree.

Let's work together and figure it out.

PM (private message) me.