Bachmans Echo chamber!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

klein

Für Meno :)
Tea-Party to Bachmann : Quit the race !!!

CNN) – A tea party group has a surprising and harsh urging for long-time tea party favorite Michele Bachmann: Quit the presidential race."It's time for Michele Bachmann to go," reads the first line of a statement from American Majority President Ned Ryun. His group operates in seven states, trains thousands of tea party supporters and is "liked" by over 371,000 people on Facebook.

klein

Wonder where her 4-6% of votes will go to....
Probably Cain, if they were crazy enough to vote for her, then they are crazy enough to vote for heavier taxes upon themselves to serve the rich better.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wonder where her 4-6% of votes will go to....
Probably Cain, if they were crazy enough to vote for her, then they are crazy enough to vote for heavier taxes upon themselves to serve the rich better.

You know it. Just as Exxon Mobil posted a ridiculous 125 billion dollars in profit for the 3rd qtr and want a tax cut, these robots would vote to give them the cut and raise their own taxes for the good of the party!

Only problem is, the party will be at EXXON as they celebrate the stupidity of the Tea Party faithful!

Peace.

klein

Look how fast BP paid off their oil spill bill ! Didn't even make a dent, was paid in 1 or 2 quarters....

Make your own conclusions, if they really need tax breaks.

klein

Do any of you guys know what % of the cost of a gallon of gas is profit and what % is taxes?

Nobody would have an answer to that !

Look, oil went down to less then $80/barrell and prices never went down to what they used to be.
Oil companies charge whatever they like and decide how much profit they want to earn at any giving time.

brett636

Do any of you guys know what % of the cost of a gallon of gas is profit and what % is taxes?

I can't recall at what price point, but last statistic I have read states that the oil companies make 6 cents per gallon of gasoline on average in profit while the government takes 51 cents out of every gallon of gasoline sold, and they have nothing to do with actual production of the fuel itself.

klein

I can't recall at what price point, but last statistic I have read states that the oil companies make 6 cents per gallon of gasoline on average in profit while the government takes 51 cents out of every gallon of gasoline sold, and they have nothing to do with actual production of the fuel itself.

Besides, building the roads, side walks, bridges, paving and maintaining them.. nope, not much - you're right.
And those gas taxes aren't even enough to provide that all. A lot of those costs come from other tax payers that don't even own a car.

In a perfect world, if the seller wants to sell something, then the seller (oil company) would provide a part of those necessities along with auto manufacturers.

What am I suppose to ask for ? Sell a hot dog, then let the government tax it enough, so they can supply my hot dog cart, propane, the buns, and the condiments ?

Besides, building the roads, side walks, bridges, paving and maintaining them.. nope, not much - you're right.
And those gas taxes aren't even enough to provide that all. A lot of those costs come from other tax payers that don't even own a car.

In a perfect world, if the seller wants to sell something, then the seller (oil company) would provide a part of those necessities along with auto manufacturers.

What am I suppose to ask for ? Sell a hot dog, then let the government tax it enough, so they can supply my hot dog cart, propane, the buns, and the condiments ?

On the price break down of a gallon of gas. From the California Energy Commission : Their chart shows you, the the refinery cost and profits from a gallon of gasoline is a quarter, marketing, distribution cost and profits $.23 . The taxes collected from that same gallon total $.60.

On another site I read the other day that the oil company makes approx. 4% profit on a gallon of gas where the various governments make 15%.

So who should be getting rich off of gasoline sales?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
On the price break down of a gallon of gas. From the California Energy Commission : Their chart shows you, the the refinery cost and profits from a gallon of gasoline is a quarter, marketing, distribution cost and profits $.23 . The taxes collected from that same gallon total $.60.

On another site I read the other day that the oil company makes approx. 4% profit on a gallon of gas where the various governments make 15%.

So who should be getting rich off of gasoline sales?

So now we have .23 /.60 taxes per gallon, .06 / .51 cents ..anyone else want to play in a round of this game of guesswork?

klein

I'll use Cain's famous words : "You are comparing Apple with Oranges" !

You are saying the oil companies earn 4% PROFIT , the governments gets 15%.

The government in return supplies roads, bridges, highways, and even maintains them.
So, how much PROFIT is that after costs ?

Answer: NOTHING ! Because other taxes still need to pay for infrastructure, since gasoline taxes don't quite do it !

klein

No, why dont you attempt to justify the profits so we can make fun of you afterwards... Make our day!

Peace.

And why would anybody in their right mind feel sympathatic towards Big Oil ?
How do they earn their multi billions ? How much blood do they have on their hands, that mostly US tax payers paid and died for ?

Why are they all in the top 10 of the richest companies on earth ?

Great going trinkle ! A true republican as can be !

moreluck

golden ticket member
"But if you take a closer look at each dollar invested and how much is earned, Dougher said the oil industry earns a lot less than some other major industries. API says its members earn about 8.3 cents per dollar invested, compared to 18.4 cents for pharmaceutical manufacturers and 19.1 cents for beverage and tobacco producers.

"A lot of consumers think that [a $2 per gallon run-up in gas prices] is all in profits, it's all going to some fat cats back in some room somewhere," Dougher said. "It's 8 cents. It's fair. The other 92 cents is going back into investments, back into operations, to bring more product back to the market."