Back first policy.

Packmule

Well flavor of the month here is their new back first policy with a 100 feet rule. Meaning, after stop, you must drive forward 100 feet before executing a turnaround procedure that includes a back. No exceptions.
This means turnaround first when necessary and walk across street instead of working to the right.
Translated, this means doubling walk distances, and doing so in every kind of weather. Translated this means walking across snow packed street instead of stepping off onto dry shoveled sidewalks.
3 months ago I was out for a week with a bruised knee from falling on the ice. This week we have another guy out with a serious head injury from falling on ice.
Why is it so difficult for management to allow drivers just a little bit of discretion? This one is gonna bite em in the butt!

sryno

TGIF@1845
What Kinda Punch are they drinking????? Retarded People I swear is what they are hiring for management and upper level exec positions..

Cementups

Box Monkey
Pardon my dumbness here, but isn't this parallel to Leaving Yourself An Out? I always leave myself so that I can pull right out of a situation, even if it means having to walk twice the distance. It's not worth the risk otherwise.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's been around for awhile.

This company has nothing better to do than find ways to screw with drivers instead of spending that time and effort in putting Fed-Ex and Amazon into the ground.

Guaranteed some :censored2: in Atlanta will dream up a new sensor this weekend to measure an unimportant metric while downing a few Smirnoff Ices

Packmule

Pardon my dumbness here, but isn't this parallel to Leaving Yourself An Out? I always leave myself so that I can pull right out of a situation, even if it means having to walk twice the distance. It's not worth the risk otherwise.
If I drive 20 feet to the safest turnaround I did leave myself an out. And like I said, safety includes the walk as much as the drive.

QKRSTKR

It's been around for awhile.

This company has nothing better to do than find ways to screw with drivers instead of spending that time and effort in putting Fed-Ex and Amazon into the ground.

Guaranteed some :censored2: in Atlanta will dream up a new sensor this weekend to measure an unimportant metric while downing a few Smirnoff Ices
Cause they are still mad they took Zima off the shelf.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Who gives a friend about there back first policy when they just can fire 250 drivers at drop of a hat and ibt says nothing Tomorrow they can say you didn't back first and your fired. Too bad. This is what it has become. :madashell:

Turtle17

Don't back. Park like the mailman/woman and walk your stops off!!!! Management will wounder what your doing??? Your will smile inside and reply "can't back soooooo I am doing what is best for me and the management team!!!! Have a good day!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You just need to drive a couple hundred feet after the delivery before turning around, so I still park on the side of the road I want, then drive down the street & turn around after enough distance. It's annoying but if they want to pay me the extra hours, I'm good with that.

Mack Grant

Well flavor of the month here is their new back first policy with a 100 feet rule. Meaning, after stop, you must drive forward 100 feet before executing a turnaround procedure that includes a back. No exceptions.
This means turnaround first when necessary and walk across street instead of working to the right.
Translated, this means doubling walk distances, and doing so in every kind of weather. Translated this means walking across snow packed street instead of stepping off onto dry shoveled sidewalks.
3 months ago I was out for a week with a bruised knee from falling on the ice. This week we have another guy out with a serious head injury from falling on ice.
Why is it so difficult for management to allow drivers just a little bit of discretion? This one is gonna bite em in the butt!
Things like this you have to take in stride. Back when it's safe to do so but also understand their point of view. At the end of the day your the driver and are responsible for the operation of the vehicle.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It blows my mind how they come up with ridiculous definitions for things. To me, backing first is when you put the truck in "R" instead of "D" after starting the engine. I guess there is the right way, the wrong way, and the UPS way.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Who ever came up with this one sure didn't talk with the ORION team.[/quote

This whole thing is a matter of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. You have Orion working completely opposite of telematics and DOK. Somewhere we need some consistency instead of chaos.