Back first policy.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
They say, although I've never been interested enough to ask, that they can give you specific locations for each bfe, to verify what action triggered it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They say, although I've never been interested enough to ask, that they can give you specific locations for each bfe, to verify what action triggered it.

Our center manager and on-car review excessive BFE's each morning. This review includes a print out of the location in question. Most of the time the BFE can be justified but there are times when the driver could have made the back first and then made the delivery. It is all about awareness.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our center manager and on-car review excessive BFE's each morning. This review includes a print out of the location in question. Most of the time the BFE can be justified but there are times when the driver could have made the back first and then made the delivery. It is all about awareness.

Don't that shock collar around your nads hurt after awhile?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Stop complete and backing immediately or within 500' of driving forward counts as a bfe. Shutting off, starting up, backing up, stop complete (or none) then proceeding forward, has not triggered any bfe's in our center.

Just a little fyi...

The program we use to validate where you stop completed a package...guess what else it will tell us????

Do your job right the first time and you will not have to worry about having enough time to do it right the second time...

MC4YOU2

Just a little fyi...

The program we use to validate where you stop completed a package...guess what else it will tell us????

Do your job right the first time and you will not have to worry about having enough time to do it right the second time...

I think you're reading something into this that isn't there. I'm not talking about stop complete locations other than where they are supposed to be. I'm talking about bfe not being triggered by backing up before you are at a stop. What you're suggesting is not the same thing. But go ahead and tell what's on your mind if you believe it's worthwhile.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't imagine how I ever got to be a Circle of Honor driver without power steering, a back-up camera or all that spy crap watching every move I made. I guess maybe it was just by using my brain to do what was necessary and safe.

MC4YOU2

I can't imagine how I ever got to be a Circle of Honor driver without power steering, a back-up camera or all that spy crap watching every move I made. I guess maybe it was just by using my brain to do what was necessary and safe.

As more micro managing becomes possible, it seems inevitable that those who may have had actual managing to do, will be reduced to just looking for red dots on a map, then waiting for the Monday morning call, and the weekly de-pantsing for having too many red dots. Center Manager and On Car sup have become the perfect jobs for OCD sufferers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just a little fyi...

Dragon, is there technology available that will flag those drivers working through their lunches/breaks?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Dragon, is there technology available that will flag those drivers working through their lunches/breaks?
UPS's entire business model is designed around coercing as many drivers as possible into working off of the clock. Free labor is built into the daily plan and I gurantee you that they know...and have known for years...which drivers are working thru their lunches and breaks. If every driver on my center pulled over at noon and took a 1 hour lunch we would wind up with the equivalent of about two full routes worth of missed stops that night and management heads would be rolling the next day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just a little fyi...

You can smartstop any stop to see how the driver delivered it, but the people gaming the system aren't going to show up on the report so you'd have to go over every stop... There's no reason to do that unless the driver is a "least best" driver in which case they probably expect to be under the microscope anyway and are more likely to be working by the methods.