Back Pain Suggestions

Krys88

I had the same problem. I got a new seat. That plus I'm taller than most. I called a safety issue. Because my head and upper shoulders were higher than the back of the chair. Well any way. The lumbar is higher on my new seat. Also, a chiropractor may help him. Hip alignment
He is very tall, too. did that help?

Cementups

Box Monkey
OK, as someone who has had back pain since high school....

He may not be sitting in the seat properly. About 7 years ago my back started bothering me way more than it ever did. I was completely in the wrong position. I was sitting in the seat in a relaxed state. Leaning back and such. Bu the worst part was that I was leaning over the steering wheel. That was causing an immense pain in my back a lot of strain on the muscles.

He should be sitting with his legs parallel to the ground and his upper body at a 90º angle to his legs. And have the lumbar completely pushed out in the seat. If that's not his usual posture when sitting, it could take a while to get used to. And if he's leaning over the steering wheel he is probably sitting too far away. Your arms should be bent slightly when holding the steering wheel.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Now I have to be nice?
scrubs.jpg

trickpony1

Does your hubby keeps his wallet in one of his back pockets?

If he does, have him move it to a front pocket.

A chiropractor told me the wallet in a back pocket can cause the entire geometry of the spine/pelvis to be out of alignment.......then add the pounding the driver experiences in the truck seat.

Not good.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ive always said the reason any drivers backs hurt isn't from the lifting as much as it is from up and down the steps all day and sitting in that dam seat all day. Most drivers who have done this job for a long time know how to lift and know their limits and the procedure on how to eliminate lifting as much as possible. Granted the people like our buddy IVE who has a bulk route and has for many years, they do stress their backs more than others. The things that have helped me the most over the years is my inversion table, as soon as I get up and right before I go to bed, and chiropractor when I feel the need to go and a deep tissue massage every few months or so, helps big time in my opinion anyway. Do I still have some back pain sometimes? Of course but that's just natural with this job and getting older obviously. Remember your body is your best friend on this job, and you only have 1 body and only you know what works for it and how much you can push it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Does your hubby keeps his wallet in one of his back pockets?

If he does, have him move it to a front pocket.

Throw it in his lunchbox or backpack. Which ever he carries. Keep little to nothing in your pockets. and as tp1 said, it should definitely not be in his back pocket.....ever. It can cause immense pain in the sciatic nerve.

Also, if he's looking for even just a little relief he should ice it at night. NEVER heat. More than likely his back is inflamed and the ice (I use a bag of peas) will help lower the inflammation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for preventing back pain while riding in the truck. My husband is a driver and a couple years ago switched to a rural route where he is constantly on gravel/county roads. His back is being jarred around all directions with each bump due to lack of suspension. Has anyone found anything that can help stabilize your back while you drive? Or help with shock absorbing? He already tried the "forever comfy" cushion advertised on tv and that only helped a tiny bit and wore out in about a week. Just to clarify, the back pain is not from lifting packages--he's on a route with very minimal heavy packages. Thanks in advance!

I'm not kidding when I say some action in the bedroom is good to loosen up the back.