Back Pain Suggestions

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Does your hubby keeps his wallet in one of his back pockets?

If he does, have him move it to a front pocket.

A chiropractor told me the wallet in a back pocket can cause the entire geometry of the spine/pelvis to be out of alignment.......then add the pounding the driver experiences in the truck seat.

Not good.
I thought I was crazy when my back felt better when I slimmed down to a small wallet/money clip hybrid. Didn't know that was an actual thing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ive always said the reason any drivers backs hurt isn't from the lifting as much as it is from up and down the steps all day and sitting in that dam seat all day. Most drivers who have done this job for a long time know how to lift and know their limits and the procedure on how to eliminate lifting as much as possible. Granted the people like our buddy IVE who has a bulk route and has for many years, they do stress their backs more than others. The things that have helped me the most over the years is my inversion table, as soon as I get up and right before I go to bed, and chiropractor when I feel the need to go and a deep tissue massage every few months or so, helps big time in my opinion anyway. Do I still have some back pain sometimes? Of course but that's just natural with this job and getting older obviously. Remember your body is your best friend on this job, and you only have 1 body and only you know what works for it and how much you can push it.
Do you get the Massage with the happy ending ?

tracker2762

Since the seat is a new one, I would look at replacing the front springs. Just had them replaced this month and it's like a new ride. Took 3 months but it was worth the wait.

watdaflock?

Like already said - Stretch properly. Ignore the methods taught and slowly and gradually bend at the waist to stretch your lower back.
*Never force a stretch.

Also consider something like this for additional support-

71a1x0fD0JL._SL1500_.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Like already said - Stretch properly. Ignore the methods taught and slowly and gradually bend at the waist to stretch your lower back.
*Never force a stretch.

Also consider something like this for additional support-

71a1x0fD0JL._SL1500_.jpg

Surely you are aware that back belts have been proven to be bad for your back. They weaken the muscles in your lower back.

tarbar66

I suggest he ask to try a different car. Back in the 70's I found out if I would walk a mile or 2 after work my back pain would go away by 50 to 75 percent. I ran a route similar to your husband's and my concern was all the dust I was breathing in everyday

anHOURover

Rub his back down with bio freeze when he gets in! Wake him up in the morning the way every man likes to wake up... His back pain will be gone quickly
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439322831.199954.jpg