Back Pain Suggestions

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I went to a chiropractor one time, and had to follow up with my Dr. afterwards.

he told me this joke

How many chiropractors does it take to change a light bulb?

One, with 20 sessions.

It's called "practicing" medicine for a reason.

Some "practice" better than others. My family doctor detected a ruptured appendix in me when I was 2. Detected an intestinal blockage (scar tissue) when I was 3. Detected a case of shingles and Bell's palsy when I was 9. Detected a deep vein thrombosis when I was 22.

He saved my life several times. I'd take his word over anything I read over an anonymous web forum.

Did I mention his recommendation of a chiropractor helped with my back pain?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's called "practicing" medicine for a reason.

Some "practice" better than others. My family doctor detected a ruptured appendix in me when I was 2. Detected an intestinal blockage (scar tissue) when I was 3. Detected a case of shingles and Bell's palsy when I was 9. Detected a deep vein thrombosis when I was 22.

He saved my life several times. I'd take his word over anything I read over an anonymous web forum.

Did I mention his recommendation of a chiropractor helped with my back pain?

Holy crap brother. You healthy now?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Holy crap brother. You healthy now?

Like an ox, that consumes more tobacco product than he should.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439346838.526905.jpg

STFXG

Hip flexors become tight when sitting for extended periods. Have him research some different stretches and do them regularly.

trickpony1

Hip flexors become tight when sitting for extended periods. Have him research some different stretches and do them regularly.

Hamstrings can become tight from sitting for extended periods also. If one is tighter than the other it can tilt the pelvis thereby altering the geometry of the spine/pelvis causing pain.

Stretch the hamstrings also.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Did not read all the posting so I apologize if I am repeating any post. Lost the disk between L5 and S1 18 years ago. Herniated the disk between L5 and L4 10 years ago and was on workers compensation for 1 year. Found out last year that I have degenerated disks disease. The only thing you can do is maintain. Muscles will spasm when the body thinks the spine is in danger (take muscle relaxers). Inversetion table to de compress the disks (only works when the muscles are NOT spamming). Before you do ANYTHING, think back back back. I do not have much problems at work (controlled and proper lifting), it is the things at home at hurt me.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Did not read all the posting so I apologize if I am repeating any post. Lost the discs between L5 and S1 18 years ago. Herniated the discs between L5 and L4 10 years ago and was on workers compensation for 1 year. Found out last year that I have degenerative discs disease. The only thing you can do is maintain. Muscles will spasm when the body thinks the spine is in danger (take muscle relaxers). Inversion table to de compress the discs (only works when the muscles are NOT spamming). Before you do ANYTHING, think back back back. I do not have much problems at work (controlled and proper lifting), it is the things at home that hurt me.

Fixed.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for preventing back pain while riding in the truck. My husband is a driver and a couple years ago switched to a rural route where he is constantly on gravel/county roads. His back is being jarred around all directions with each bump due to lack of suspension. Has anyone found anything that can help stabilize your back while you drive? Or help with shock absorbing? He already tried the "forever comfy" cushion advertised on tv and that only helped a tiny bit and wore out in about a week. Just to clarify, the back pain is not from lifting packages--he's on a route with very minimal heavy packages. Thanks in advance!