Back Problems

helenofcalifornia

I cannot believe that a supervisor told you about knocking down walls. I LOVED to knock down walls. Things went so much faster. Of course, you can't knock down walls when people are around. Or if they do "fall" down, it is due to improper loading, or an "accident." Can't believe a sup told you that.

gostillerz

I cannot believe that a supervisor told you about knocking down walls. I LOVED to knock down walls. Things went so much faster. Of course, you can't knock down walls when people are around. Or if they do "fall" down, it is due to improper loading, or an "accident." Can't believe a sup told you that.

It's 4:45 am...people aren't around. They just fell (damn loaders). I'm not saying I throw them around, I'm careful, but when we get a bunch of steel, I'm not going to worry about it. If I see fragile things like tv's, or glass, I'm watching out for them.

Nonetheless, we get mostly steel, paper and tires.

mikemo

You need to master proper lifting techniques now or you will never make it as a driver. Speed is secondary. Lifting properly takes priority.
Bull crap how can any unloader do all that(proper lifting when you have your PT Sup standing there Yelling at him to hurry up we have to get this out on time, my numbers are going down. So that poor young man or women is trying like hell to empty that trl. If he or she did it the way YOU say and did that right proper lifting that trailer would never get done. And why don't you tried it and see if your lazy ass can't do it. In my 30yr all manger care about numbers. Not the health of the person who is unloading that dam trl. And when he or she gets hurt because you are harassing him because his doesn't get done on time. You tell him he is not going not going to be a driver. I would tell you kiss my ass and you do it. I'm going down and find another job that pays more the this company. For $8.50 and hour and you can work at a fast food place for more pay and don't have a right dogging him. I would tell him to quick and live a Happy life and forget The Big Brown So why don't you quite being a :censored2: and put some one in there to help him instead of him getting hurt. I would Hit you with and article 37 if you know what that is?? So back off Jerk And were is the Shop Steward??
Big Moe:angry:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Bull crap, how can any unloader do all that (proper lifting) when you have your PT Sup standing there Yelling at him to hurry up we have to get this out on time, my numbers are going down.

So that poor young man or women is trying like hell to empty that trl. If he or she did it the way YOU say and did that right proper lifting that trailer would never get done.

And why don't you try it and see if your lazy ass can do it.
In my 30yr, all managers care about are numbers. Not the health of the person who is unloading that dam trl. And when he or she gets hurt because you are harassing him because his doesn't get done on time.

You tell him he is not going not going to be a driver. I would tell you kiss my ass and you do it. I'm going down and find another job that pays more the this company. For $8.50 and hour and you can work at a fast food place for more pay and don't have a right dogging him.
I would tell him to quick and live a Happy life and forget The Big Brown So why don't you quite being a :censored2: and put some one in there to help him instead of him getting hurt.

I would Hit you with and article 37 if you know what that is?? So back off Jerk And were is the Shop Steward??

Punctuation, closed parenthesis, elimination of double nehatives and paragraphs are your friends. People might be able to read.
I've read this 3 times and what I get is that you are very angry and frustrated...obviously to the point that you can't clearly express yourself. :happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bull crap how can any unloader do all that(proper lifting when you have your PT Sup standing there Yelling at him to hurry up we have to get this out on time, my numbers are going down. So that poor young man or women is trying like hell to empty that trl. If he or she did it the way YOU say and did that right proper lifting that trailer would never get done. And why don't you tried it and see if your lazy ass can't do it. In my 30yr all manger care about numbers. Not the health of the person who is unloading that dam trl. And when he or she gets hurt because you are harassing him because his doesn't get done on time. You tell him he is not going not going to be a driver. I would tell you kiss my ass and you do it. I'm going down and find another job that pays more the this company. For $8.50 and hour and you can work at a fast food place for more pay and don't have a right dogging him. I would tell him to quick and live a Happy life and forget The Big Brown So why don't you quite being a :censored2: and put some one in there to help him instead of him getting hurt. I would Hit you with and article 37 if you know what that is?? So back off Jerk And were is the Shop Steward??

Another sad example of our failing public school system.

BigBrownSanta

Bull crap!!!!

How can any unloader do all that proper lifting when you have your PT Sup standing there yelling at him to "hurry up we have to get this out on time, my numbers are going down"? So that poor young man or women is trying like hell to empty that tr(ai)l(er).

If he or she did it the way YOU say and did use the right proper lifting (methods) that trailer would never get done. And why don't you try it and see if your lazy ass can do it?

In my 30 yrs. all managers care about (is the) numbers, not the health of the person who is unloading that dam(n) trl. And then he or she gets hurt because you are harassing him because he doesn't get done on time, you tell him he is not going to be a driver.

I would tell you (to) kiss my ass and you do it. I'm going down and find another job that pays more (than) this company. For $8.50 an hour you can work at a fast food place for more pay and (you) don't have a right dogging him. I would tell him to quit and live a happy life and forget The Big Brown.

So why don't you quit being a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: and put some one in there to help him instead of (letting?) him getting hurt.

I would hit you with an article 37 if you know what that is?? So back off Jerk and were is the Shop Steward??

I edited it for you guys. I hope I got it all.:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually I like it better the original way-- it had a LOT of feeling put into it. Maybe not alot of thought but definately "feeling".

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Besides the grammar, which the 2 professors above have responded to, may I elaborate on stretching? Stretching your muscles can greatly reduce the amount of pain you have. For back muscles, simply bend over as if to touch your toes. Don't try to go to far, just hang there. This will stretch your lower back muscles, Glutes and Hamstrings. Just hang there for 30 seconds. Do this 3 times before the start of your job. Your muscles will be prepared for the coming task and you won't just catch them off guard by starting cold. Do this stretch after your job and you'll be feeling great in time.

This message isn't only for pre/reloaders alone. Everyone that works at Brown would do well to stretch before their jobs, Management included.

Steve
Stuart Florida Wellness Champ

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Besides the grammar, which the 2 professors above have responded to, may I elaborate on stretching? Stretching your muscles can greatly reduce the amount of pain you have.
Steve

My back would feel better now if I had done this 30 -35 years ago. Now I stretch several times a day just so I can move without hurting. :halfdead:

I wonder if I should be stretching other parts of my body now to prepare for reaching for my keyboard and typing, and reaching for my coffee.:wink2:

PS. can I expect to be addressed as Professor Hoax in the Chatroom?:offtopic:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My back would feel better now if I had done this 30 -35 years ago. Now I stretch several times a day just so I can move without hurting. :halfdead:

I wonder if I should be stretching other parts of my body now to prepare for reaching for my keyboard and typing, and reaching for my coffee.:wink2:

PS. can I expect to be addressed as Professor Hoax in the Chatroom?:offtopic:

How's about P Hoax? P Hoaxy? PHoaxster? or just plain old PHd...iddy?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Besides the grammar, which the 2 professors above have responded to, may I elaborate on stretching? Stretching your muscles can greatly reduce the amount of pain you have. For back muscles, simply bend over as if to touch your toes. Don't try to go to far, just hang there. This will stretch your lower back muscles, Glutes and Hamstrings. Just hang there for 30 seconds. Do this 3 times before the start of your job. Your muscles will be prepared for the coming task and you won't just catch them off guard by starting cold. Do this stretch after your job and you'll be feeling great in time.

This message isn't only for pre/reloaders alone. Everyone that works at Brown would do well to stretch before their jobs, Management included.

Steve

Will there be an infomercial soon, Mr. Lalane?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Will there be an infomercial soon, Mr. Lalane?

Oh no, Steve.
It looks like UpstateNYUPSer has you in the crosshairs.
Maybe you and rocketman can form a support team.

Lucky that UpstateNYUPSer did not know about waxing your legs and back to hold on to your youth or he would have brought that up to.

I like argyle sweaters and a pipe.

Mike Hawk

I try to stretch out my back for 5 minutes or so after I shower in the morning to loosen it up, my job isn't that phisical, but I spend hours on end leaning over the belt to SPA packages so it can get sore.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Oh no, Steve.
It looks like UpstateNYUPSer has you in the crosshairs.
Maybe you and rocketman can form a support team.
I am just having a little fun with Steve. I actually enjoy his posts and respect what he has to say.

Elton is another story all together. His posts if put on paper would be best suited to wipe my ass.

Great job staying in line with this thread, upstate. Rocketman is quite the pain in your tush/backside, LOL. Thanks for the props, as well. I too, was having fun with you. But it seems that the Rocket wants more from your friendship with him. Maybe more of a commitment?:sick:

SmithBarney

Its been mentioned briefly, but proper stretching before you start and even after you
start will really help you out.
Also when I was unloading to reduce the amount of bending I would do once I got my wall down to about waist level, I would hit my knees(good pants are a must)
then I wouldn't have to bend over...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Its been mentioned briefly, but proper stretching before you start and even after you
start will really help you out.
Also when I was unloading to reduce the amount of bending I would do once I got my wall down to about waist level, I would hit my knees(good pants are a must)
then I wouldn't have to bend over...

Better yet, squat like a Sumo wrestler. This puts all the emphasis on your upper legs, minimizing usage of the lower back.