Back to cutting routes on Mondays

bumped

I have no problem with dead days as long as they have used up all of their paid days first.

Invariably one of these guys will use dead days all year long, put in for a paid day off in October and will get the day over someone who never takes dead days and still has days on the books. How is this fair?

If you have days they should be used first.

When management calls me to ask if I want the day off I am not taking it as a personal day. That would be a dead day for me. I'll save my 2 personal days for when I want to use them.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is one policy that our new center manager has put in place that I totally agree with-----we must use any days that we have on the books before being approved for a dead day.
If they call you and offer you the day they can't force you to use a specific type of day off/paid/unpaid.

If I have one day seniority and have an optional. I should be able to bump a 30 year employee with no optional days. I earned that day off they didn't. They used all their earned days off.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If I have one day seniority and have an optional. I should be able to bump a 30 year employee with no optional days. I earned that day off they didn't. They used all their earned days off.
I don't look at the seniority list when I call in letting them know I won't be at work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I thought the discussion was about having a driver volunteer to go home not about calling in sick.
I come to work to work so I don't get involved in "volunteering" to go home. I let management hang that carrot in the faces of those who care, that's not me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I absolutely agree with Upstates CMs policy if he actually enforces it, but as others have said, it's a mutual "rub my back, I'll rub yours" in most centers where deal making runs rampant. It's the same argument about routes being cut, if everyone demanded to work, it wouldn't happen as much.