Back to stops per Car again.

DS

Fenderbender
I have never and will NEVER send out my drivers with a PC looking like that.
You would if you had to.You must work in a small hub.Where I work there's about 450 drivers,and there never seems to be enough people to load the cars,never mind load them properly.Come to think of it there are never enough drivers to get it done without some doing 11.5 hr paid days.

I got talked to because I went over 9.5 by 1 minute today.
Apparently I have to call our center manager by 3 PM at the latest and let him know I'll be going over nine5.
I said,I have no idea how many oncalls I'll get nor do I know how much my scheduled p/ups will have.
He said that's unacceptable,we need to be able to control hours on road.

At 2PM I called and told him I'd be over 9.5.
He said why?
center manager how many stops do you have?
me 80
center manager well that's what you should have
me yea well things did not go well this morning,
and I'm just calling to let you know.
center manager...long pause... We'll try to get you some help.
me OK thanks.
Punched out just under 11 hrs
I'll be surprised if today was not over 9.5 planned,on paper.

rod

Retired 22 years
You would if you had to.You must work in a small hub.Where I work there's about 450 drivers,and there never seems to be enough people to load the cars,never mind load them properly.Come to think of it there are never enough drivers to get it done without some doing 11.5 hr paid days.

I got talked to because I went over 9.5 by 1 minute today.
Apparently I have to call our center manager by 3 PM at the latest and let him know I'll be going over nine5.
I said,I have no idea how many oncalls I'll get nor do I know how much my scheduled p/ups will have.
He said that's unacceptable,we need to be able to control hours on road.

At 2PM I called and told him I'd be over 9.5.
He said why?
center manager how many stops do you have?
me 80
center manager well that's what you should have
me yea well things did not go well this morning,
and I'm just calling to let you know.
center manager...long pause... We'll try to get you some help.
me OK thanks.
Punched out just under 11 hrs
I'll be surprised if today was not over 9.5 planned,on paper.

Why would they want you to call the center manager? From what I gather they have no say in anything anymore. You may as well call Dial-A-Prayer.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
Yes, I do work in a small center, I think we do between 40-43 runs a day. Still not on PAS (hearing 3 to 4 more weeks). But thats still no excuse for the boxes being stacked like that, on the shelves and the floors, PAS or no PAS. And I know from driving at FedEx Express how much a good load helps you guys out.