background check

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bmpdmyhedlost, Feb 6, 2008.

1. In 1991 i lost my license for having too many points.Soon after i reluctently drove my drunk designated driver home from the bar and was caught and convicted for driving on a suspended license(misdemeanor).Then about a year later i caught helping a friend try to take a blowup budweiser can from outside a bar(too much to drink that night).Also a misdemenor.Since then i've had,nor have had any reason to have any problem with the law.With one exception in 2003,someone locked up their brakes on an icy overpass and i slid into them.Will it be possible to start with UPS and eventually become a driver?Or will my misdemeanors show up on a background check and or become a problem?

2. Channahon

Channahon New Member

Your misdeamnors will show up on your background checks. Based on your timeline of 1991/1992 I would think you have a good chance of getting on at UPS.

As far as driving, as long as you have a valid license, should just be a matter of time, depending where you are in the country.

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Pretty sure you're ok. There are much worse people working at UPS than you.

4. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

I have 5 speeding tickets, one at fault accident (not really but couldn't make court because of work Decemeber 23rd), and a oui in 14 years of driving and drive for UPS no problems. Clean record since 2004. If you can drive a standard and have a clean record the past 3 years or so, you're fine.

5. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

iYou should worry your finger prints are all over your key board . WITH YOUR record welcome to the island.:wink2:

6. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

What were you guys planning on doing with that blow-up Bud Thing?

7. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

I know 2 people driving who have had DUI's within past 5 years

8. KBlakk

KBlakk Overworked & Underpaid

I know people that should recieve DUI's on road now!:surprised::whiteflag:

9. cino321

cino321 Active Member

I second that.

10. moodaddy247

moodaddy247 I can't drive 55

The most important thing is that you're honest about your past... Parcel doesn't like to find out it has thieves/dishonest people working in thier hubs.

You're no saint... Only one man has ever walked this earth w/o sin, and his return is emminent.

Welcome to the 'king of queens' look-a-like contest!!!