Background check

noobie1

Hi everybody, i use to work for a UPS branch before the one i just applied to but i left for certain reasons. I did some internships between there then i applied to a UPS branch close to my home during last peak season and got it. They hired me as a loader. They worked me to the bone and even had me on the load pick where they say no noobie goes.The full time supervisor even offered me hours on saturdays that i heard they only gave to union guys to do unloading but i had class on the weekends but i did the sundays. There was this one guy that sucked and they had me picking up the slack for him. This guy built a wall then built another and caged himself inside of the truck. When peak season was done, they had these good job speeches and such and the friend/T supervisor told me exactly when to reapply so i did and got the tour again the day after. This time they were looking for unloaders and the lady said i have experience so she gave me access to the tax stuff online after the interview but that was since one wednesday ago today. She said they had to do the background check and i felt good because it was only 5 of us and they were driver's helpers during the peak season. I'm feeling nervous and wondering if i should call.

oldngray

nowhere special
entry level.jpg

UPSGUY72

They interview numerous people for job openings not all on the sameday. They also have numerous people fill out stuff online just in case they do get hired they can start the day after they get called. With that being said if they interview 10 people for 1 position you have a one in ten chance of getting the job. There is also no rhyme or reason on how they pick a person. Just because you work as a temp before will not necessarily help you.

Good luck if you don't get hired this time just re apply when another there is another opening

BrownThunder

Good luck bud, you sound like a good partner on the load. My current partners are more concerned with talking with their boyfriends on their cell phones and telling me their life (see: sob) stories.

UPSGUY72

Good luck bud, you sound like a good partner on the load. My current partners are more concerned with talking with their boyfriends on their cell phones and telling me their life (see: sob) stories.

Remember it doesn't matter how hard or fast you work. You not going to paid more or promoted. Usually you just get more work.

noobie1

lol.. I had a partner like that during the peak season. Borrowed money, broke some girls phone and went on and on and on but we got some laughs because the girl's boyfriend was in jail so she needed her phone so she came to work making noise and crap on the guy and even stalked him after work. I had to keep the fact that i got paid from him so he wouldn't beg for money but he was cool. They had me on the hardest truck they called "Lawnside" and he helped me out when the people on the load-pick went crazy with the packages. I'm just hoping to get in. Tough times ahead..

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hi everybody, i use to work for a UPS branch before the one i just applied to but i left for certain reasons. I did some internships between there then i applied to a UPS branch close to my home during last peak season and got it. They hired me as a loader. They worked me to the bone and even had me on the load pick where they say no noobie goes.The full time supervisor even offered me hours on saturdays that i heard they only gave to union guys to do unloading but i had class on the weekends but i did the sundays. There was this one guy that sucked and they had me picking up the slack for him. This guy built a wall then built another and caged himself inside of the truck. When peak season was done, they had these good job speeches and such and the friend/T supervisor told me exactly when to reapply so i did and got the tour again the day after. This time they were looking for unloaders and the lady said i have experience so she gave me access to the tax stuff online after the interview but that was since one wednesday ago today. She said they had to do the background check and i felt good because it was only 5 of us and they were driver's helpers during the peak season. I'm feeling nervous and wondering if i should call.
Why not call? What could it hurt? Also, tooting your horn and being a rookie doesn't go over very well here, as you can tell.

I'm pretty sure you are in my building we were talking about calling you tomorrow in the pm. We are very impressed with you. Be in touch soon.