Background criteria

Need2no

I have been working for this company for a little more than 3 months now. Well yesterday I was just let go, Happy Thanksgiving to my family and me. I'm not sure what FedEx has to do with all of his business but I know l haven't been working on their property. He told me I couldn't work for him anymore or he'd lose the FedEx contract because of me. I couldn't pass the background check that FedEx did. So what are the standards that you need to pass? My background is pretty good so I don't understand why fedex is saying I don't meet the requirements.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have been working for this company for a little more than 3 months now. Well yesterday I was just let go, Happy Thanksgiving to my family and me. I'm not sure what FedEx has to do with all of his business but I know l haven't been working on their property. He told me I couldn't work for him anymore or he'd lose the FedEx contract because of me. I couldn't pass the background check that FedEx did. So what are the standards that you need to pass? My background is pretty good so I don't understand why fedex is saying I don't meet the requirements.
Any felonies?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What does "pretty good" mean?

bacha29

That's unusual . Normally you have to pass the background check before you start to work for the contractor. I think that it's safe to say that the requirements fall somewhere in the middle of the range. At the same time however if you're somebody they don't like they can simply tell the contractor to get rid of you and there's nothing he can do. At the same time if there are events in your past that would disqualify you and they caught it then it's over. But I never heard of a person start on a route work for 3 months then be told that he couldn't pass the background check. Anybody else hear of something like this?

bbsam

Staff member
No I was outside contractor
Then I think for some reason either the contractor is feeding you a line of bull or fedex has the contractor eating a spoonful of bull.

I regularly have vehicles worked on by guys who are not allowed on fedex property.