backing in res driveways

brownman15

just wondering if this is happening elsewhere. received a message this past week that we are no longer to back into residential driveways without center managers approval. then Friday there was a form that they wanted signed stating this.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not here, yet. Wonder what you are supposed to do on a dead end street and have to use the driveway to turn around?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
One of the stupider management ideas !!

When on the road, a driver will usually back into the consignee's driveway if he has to turn around. There is no choice. Sometimes their driveway is not big enough, so I may use another driveway (ONLY ONE IVE DELIVERED TO BEFORE) and get it turned around only using 10 feet or so of it.

I can see where issues arise that management wouldn't want us to back in. But how much have we been preached to about saving gas and turning off the engine. We take right turns only to save gas but if you can't turn around you have to drive around a half-mile block to get back into your delivery path.

I don't think so. Just be safe and make the smartest moves out there !!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'll tell you what; Unless I'm pulling my TP60, I always back in and turn around using a resi driveway. If I'm not allowed to do this, my miles will greatly increase. I have a couple of huge neighborhoods that have long streets with cul de sacs at the end. Would hate to have to drive the whole distance, but if push comes to shove.

I have some people on my route, well, one really, that don't want me to drive on their driveway. I respect their wishes and stay out, other than that, no problems.

Some guys in my center have been charged with accidents for using resi driveways and leaving oil stains or cracking concrete.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'd like to see how they will enforce this on a rural rte when most of the driveways are at least 100 yds long and many are much longer than that. Talk about being over-allowed.

DS

Fenderbender
Ah who needs reverse anyways,leave yourself an out every time.
Back down every dead end street.
Give stevetheupsguy a letter

brownman15

I'd like to see how they will enforce this on a rural rte when most of the driveways are at least 100 yds long and many are much longer than that. Talk about being over-allowed.

we were told if they have turnaround were u dont have 2 back you can use their driveway. this is for the country guys that have 1/4 to 1/2 driveway that have circle drives

browndevil

What, are we supposed to call them first, each time we need to back in to a driveway to turn around? Wouldn't surprise me!
LOL Yes I will call the center when they issue company cell phones. In the meantime I will send a message via the DIAD.I am paid by the hour Cha Ching!!!!
BTW welcome to the Brown Cafe Ladybrown

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here's the way my on road supe looked at me, when I asked him about telemetrix, (sensors in pkg cars).
2266166292_058d9a6363.jpg