backing in res driveways

Cementups

Box Monkey
^^Yeah, cause you have to watch out for these guys. They're crazy.

trophysquirrel.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It would be a good idea in some places. It has worried me at times being dressed like a deer.

Here's what worries me. Slipping delivery notices into the cracks of doors in apartment buildings. I'm afraid someone will think I'm trying to get inside, and shoot me through the door. I had a delivery one evening at an apartment complex. The light in the hallway had gone out. The guy answered the door with 9mm in hand. Having been shot before, I was a wee bit nervous. Hate staring down the business end of those things.

Sorry, your post had me thinking.:anxious:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Here's what worries me. Slipping delivery notices into the cracks of doors in apartment buildings. I'm afraid someone will think I'm trying to get inside, and shoot me through the door. I had a delivery one evening at an apartment complex. The light in the hallway had gone out. The guy answered the door with 9mm in hand. Having been shot before, I was a wee bit nervous. Hate staring down the business end of those things.

Sorry, your post had me thinking.:anxious:
You've been shot before???????????????????????

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You've been shot before???????????????????????

Yeah, I'm formerly from NYC. I used to be quite the upstart, LOL. Well, I'm still an upstart, but a different sort. It's a long story, that can be quite amusing. I'll tell it to you one day. Wonder how it will sound in writing. Anyways, here's what my scarred neck used to look like. Guess I should add that I was 21 when it happened, though I remember it like it was yesterday. That's why I think about it as I leave notices.
photo112.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yeah, I'm formerly from NYC. I used to be quite the upstart, LOL. Well, I'm still an upstart, but a different sort. It's a long story, that can be quite amusing. I'll tell it to you one day. Wonder how it will sound in writing. Anyways, here's what my scarred neck used to look like. Guess I should add that I was 21 when it happened, though I remember it like it was yesterday. That's why I think about it as I leave notices.
I should think so. I'd like to hear the story, whenever.

rod

Retired 22 years

One hell of a "flesh wound" there SteveO

New Englander

I'll tell you what; Unless I'm pulling my TP60, I always back in and turn around using a resi driveway. If I'm not allowed to do this, my miles will greatly increase. I have a couple of huge neighborhoods that have long streets with cul de sacs at the end. Would hate to have to drive the whole distance, but if push comes to shove.

I have some people on my route, well, one really, that don't want me to drive on their driveway. I respect their wishes and stay out, other than that, no problems.

Some guys in my center have been charged with accidents for using resi driveways and leaving oil stains or cracking concrete.

How do you get charged for an accident on oil stains? I seriously doubt that one. Wouldn't it also be an accident on the road as well with the leak?

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't agree with it- but any time you do damage to a private persons property I would assume UPS could charge you. Would an oil stain charge stick ? I doubt it unless you had been warned. I've had UPS vehicals that leaked so much oil that I was requested to walk the packages in . I can respect that.

Bad Gas!

We had a female pkg car lady in our center in a similar situation several years back.She wasn't charged but things have gotten tougher every year..Her pkg car left a hugh stain in a new driveway, new house.The owner was p.o.ed..It was a bulk stop delivery..

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
One hell of a "flesh wound" there SteveO

You ain't kidding there, rod, I have a bullet lodged in my jaw, thanks to my, um, stupidity.

As far as being charged, I mean it goes toward safe driving. They make you start all over, but don't make you pay to fix.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't agree with it- but any time you do damage to a private persons property I would assume UPS could charge you. Would an oil stain charge stick ? I doubt it unless you had been warned. I've had UPS vehicals that leaked so much oil that I was requested to walk the packages in . I can respect that.

We had one customer who had installed a cobble stone driveway and he asked the driver not to pull in to his driveway and he in turn told me (I sometimes deliver that area as part of an add/cut) and his cover drivers. It's about 100' or so from the street so it's no big deal.

Most customers are cool and if you do cause damage and offer to repair it they are OK with it but you should of course let your mgt team know just to CYA.