Backpacks, Tote Bags, and other "carry items" in Building

JL 0513

My center has no guard shack, no security of any kind and we service two cities with plenty of ghetto areas. We have no policy against backpacks. We can also stop our PC by our personal vehicle to unload our bags and coolers so we don't have to carry them all the way from building.

Backpacks are important, especially for us cover drivers who don't have our own PC to keep supplies in.

One would have to be out of his mind to steal when you have a $90K job with benefits that took years to get.

watdaflock?

f01d0fd3f9b28f429f0ad00ef342edb6358fd9345ab454893be519c509394351.jpg

fres431

High seniority utility air drivers needs to have phones in my building so center managers can go down the air and utility list. If they wanna take the phones away they gonna pay more in grievances. As far as back packs I understand and respect both sides of this issue, I think the company is pushing this enforcement to keep best buy account(who's employees are prohibited from pretty much everything but keys and wallet inside) as well as the verizon account ups scored.

FilingBluesFL

Just yesterday some authority figure in the guard shack (not sure who he was exactly) told us all the same thing. They said any size cooler is okay but no backpacks, and that this rule only applies to inside employees.

If that was the case, I'd be dragging this bitch in with me every single day.

Just to piss them off.

Because I'm "that guy."

Attachments

• rolling cooler.jpg
    rolling cooler.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 104

Packmule

Never heard of any policy like this. Don't need much in the summer, but in winter I carry a bag filled with everything from tools, gloves, wire to fix broken chain links, to insulated coveralls. But then I'm rural. And in a northern climate. And get into some pretty isolated areas. And I don't trust their stupid 2WD trucks.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Is there an exception for women's purses? They tried this 20 years or so ago and one driver just started carrying everything in a large purse. He still does just to show how dumb UPS can be if people ask why. The OG Identifier, a trendsetter before his time.