Bad habits

ibleedbrown

What bad habits have you found yourself developing as a driver?

I had wicked pain in my hands this weekend then monday morning I realized it was because I had started turning the steering wheel by hooking my thumbs in the steering wheel. I've since stopped but what bad habits have you caught?

you have been full time for like 2 months and ur already about to go on workers comp? lol just messin w ya, be safe out there everyone!!

S

serenity now

What bad habits have you found yourself developing as a driver?

I had wicked pain in my hands this weekend then monday morning I realized it was because I had started turning the steering wheel by hooking my thumbs in the steering wheel. I've since stopped but what bad habits have you caught?

solution * i use a clear-plastic steering wheel spinner (with a picture of a naked lady in it) :crazy:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
you have been full time for like 2 months and ur already about to go on workers comp? lol just messin w ya, be safe out there everyone!!

You're not kidding. I've been bitten by 2 dogs and fallen flat on my back on the ice 3 times in that short time but fortunately I haven't been hurt.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
bitten by 2 dogs? what the? did they draw blood? did u try to kick them or run?

Nope, in both cases they were small to medium dogs and went for my legs nipping me through the pants, but not breaking the skin or ripping my pants. Both times I dropped the packages and swung my diad 4 while shouting "NO" to scare the dogs so they both retreated in both cases and the owners both brought them into their respective buildings and closed the doors. Both occured at businesses--one at a horse stable and the other at some kind of industrial shop. Odd thing is in both cases the owners went inside & didn't apologize or ask if I was ok after watching their dogs bite me.

I now have turned into the dog-phobic guy while delivering. I assume a dog is aggressive & about to attack unless I get to know the dog or can see it's an old docile animal. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt if I didn't see aggressive signs....no longer.

At both businesses I now leave the packages out in the middle of the driveway/parking lot unless someone comes out to meet me without a dog.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have a bad habit of going to work every day, doing all they put on my truck, which is way too much. And I have the really bad habit of believing they will fix it without filing a grievance.

A

anonymous6

believe it or not, this is one of the reasons why i like my annual ride along. the supe usually observes several bad habits/shortcuts i had developed over the past year in feeders.

for ex. pulling away from a trailer. i got into the habit of watching from the back window. this caused a dangerous situation because i was not watching what was going on in front of me even though it was only a couple feet. that's a bad habit. usually this is in the yard. someone could be walking in front of tractor at just that moment.

i write them down in my notebook and work on them. then in the following year i develop a couple more, ha ha