Bad neighborhood

Ms.PacMan

Here in the Midwest we have meth labs in houses. It's a fun day when you see (from behind the caution tape a block away of course) the fire dept FOAM an entire house because they are afraid the fumes will make the house explode at any minute.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
that's why I always check packages for apt number before I stop there no apt number no stop. when my sup came out and got the package he basically said the same thing. I would have just given it to them. I told him I couldn't I didn't have it and started to laugh.
Well laughing is good. But in the case of being robbed, I actually liked it much beter when I had a pocketful of COD money, instead of just my lunch money. And I would rather have the pkg, since they are tracking it, and its on area, and now I dont have it,. You have to remember there is actaully zero protection for you from UPS, you are on your own. And they do not forget that a pkg worth thousands of dollars, that was on you, and now for some strange reason is not. They do not forget that overnight, jus sayin. Are u a snitch, a narc, an a**hole? They dont care, in their m ind, you did it, you caught it, and you could be a dead man, driving.

oldngray

nowhere special
I always loved the standard ghetto greeting (through a closed door with them sitting on other side of their room ) "Who is it!" and as you are trying to answer (so they couldn't hear what you were saying anyway) "What do you want!". It all runs together ans sounds like WhoisitWhatdoyouwant?". One time the route next to me in a really bad area had on car sup with him and the sup banged on a door and yelled "Police!". That driver said don't you ever freaking do that again.

How do you know when you are in the hood? Look closely and see the burnt house. You will see this View attachment 8404 Then you just shut up and deliver. You keep your nose clean, and don't be calling the dea, and fbi, every time you smell weed. You respect them, they respect you. They have no freaking idea why you are there at 8pm at night, as the cops dont even go there, so they think you are a bad ass with a big gun. No one answers the door, all you will get is a "who is it" and ups for some reason sounds like dea, then they let the dogs you have heard barking, out.
I would not do it if I had a choice, but one thing it does do is, make you thankful for what you have, and enjoy your beer when you get home at night, or wife, family, whatever.
Im sure my area is not nearly as bad as in the area you describe, its just one small hoody.
Urban Dictionary: youngstown

I think Tooner photoshopped that. It's spelled correctly.

I have relatives in the hills of Tennessee that run a package goods store and make deliveries up in the mountains. I've ridden along a few times and bet some of those moonshiners could give those home-boys a run for the money.

Ms.PacMan

I have relatives in the hills of Tennessee that run a package goods store and make deliveries up in the mountains. I've ridden along a few times and bet some of those moonshiners could give those home-boys a run for the money.

Like when the FBI asked the Mafia to "interrogate" the KKK to find the murdered civil rights worker's bodies. There's all kinds of badass, for sure.

Do we have any Appalachia drivers on BC?

stink219

When I was a cover driver I loved the bad sections. Not just for the hookers but it seemed that the customers were more appreciative of receiving packages then in the uppity rich areas. The only down side is that they are hesitant to answer the door because they think your an undercover cop. This is the truth. I :censored2: you not!!

island1fox

I drove in Harlem and then became an on -car in Harlem and then they trasferred to the South Bronx --when it was still burning ---some of my best years at UPS ---Just do your job and be alert for the most part you just become part of the scenery.

UPSGUY72

Well laughing is good. But in the case of being robbed, I actually liked it much beter when I had a pocketful of COD money, instead of just my lunch money. And I would rather have the pkg, since they are tracking it, and its on area, and now I dont have it,. You have to remember there is actaully zero protection for you from UPS, you are on your own. And they do not forget that a pkg worth thousands of dollars, that was on you, and now for some strange reason is not. They do not forget that overnight, jus sayin. Are u a snitch, a narc, an a**hole? They dont care, in their m ind, you did it, you caught it, and you could be a dead man, driving.

I told then I didn't have it another truck delivers the Air. They didn't even live in the building. They were probably waiting outside at 9:00 waiting for UPS driver to show up and sak hi for the package before he got to the building.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've ridden along a few times and bet some of those moonshiners could give those home-boys a run for the money.

I've always said that Thugs and Rednecks are prettymuch the same, they're just on opposite sides.

They both butcher the English language, hate the law and prettymuch ignore MOST of them and are completely racist. I prettymuch hate both of them though.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've always said that Thugs and Rednecks are prettymuch the same, they're just on opposite sides.

They both butcher the English language, hate the law and prettymuch ignore MOST of them and are completely racist. I prettymuch hate both of them though.

You hate everyone equally, therefore you are not a racist.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I drove in Harlem and then became an on -car in Harlem and then they trasferred to the South Bronx --when it was still burning ---some of my best years at UPS ---Just do your job and be alert for the most part you just become part of the scenery.
Very wise words. The non transient households have seen me around for yrs.I was always nice to the kids . Now that some have grown up, and some even come out to the truck when I pull up, to save me the trip, or so they don't have to put the dog away. They remember people who treat them nice. As we all do. So its about respect.
One day some kids jumped in my truck and took my cell phone. Kids I knew bopped them in the head and brought my phone back to me. I thanked them, seen them a few weeks later and paid for their pop and chips at the store and thanked them again. It is the ones that are not familiar to me I worry about, and the adults with the attitudes.

Actually the folks in the hills were ok folk as long as you didn't mess with them. Of course I was with a cousin who is a local. He did advise me to "not be a smartass or you'll never make it off this mountain". Stuff like that doesn't have to be said twice.

BCFan

Great posts. I have delivered to all the bad parts of Atlanta without ever having a problem. It's all about how you carry yourself. Treat all folks with a degree of respect and it is all good. Although I was offered a few afternoon mouth hugs by some of the local gals but managed to convince them that my wife was taking good care of developing events. It's really a state of mind not much else....good luck. BC

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Very wise words. The non transient households have seen me around for yrs.I was always nice to the kids . Now that some have grown up, and some even come out to the truck when I pull up, to save me the trip, or so they don't have to put the dog away. They remember people who treat them nice. As we all do. So its about respect.
One day some kids jumped in my truck and took my cell phone. Kids I knew bopped them in the head and brought my phone back to me. I thanked them, seen them a few weeks later and paid for their pop and chips at the store and thanked them again. It is the ones that are not familiar to me I worry about, and the adults with the attitudes.

I'm just glad that all I have to deal with are the Amish gangs! Those pimped-out buggies are scary.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
what a nitemare to deal with, its a numbers game, at some point something bad will happen.To the op the first thing i would do when you become full time is send out letters listing your safety concerns to Hr and everyone else that will listen, make sure you save the responses so if anything does happen you or your family will have recourse