Bad peak, bad plan, bad weather...a perfect storm?

Limper

Out For Delivery
Is your bldg like mine, piles of service failures sitting everywhere? Our center manager really
tried to manage it, but by the end of the week it seemed he gave up and was out delivering each night. And forget about calling the center......the phone just
rings. Over two weeks from Christmas and we are delivering airs in trace. How many customers are we gonna piss off this peak?

barnyard

KTM rider
I cannot imagine that it is any different at FE ground.

At my building, we brought back 2200 pieces Wednesday and 1100 on Thursday. Not sure the number on Friday, I brought back 0.

I have also been delivering air on trace and do not see that changing. My goal the rest of peak is to get as close to emptying the truck as I can, that means starting in section 1 and delivering as close to trace as I can.

A

anonymous6

I agree. service failures, no casuals, too many gypos, not enough equipment. must be new cost cutting measures to improve the bottom line..........

barnyard

KTM rider
Careful, my friend. Statements like that will get you more work!
:wink2:

That is a very valid concern. I worked 13 hours to get that done Friday, don't see them adding more work unless they want me to bring back stops again.

Dispatch seems to be hit and miss. 2 guys in my loop are getting their loads done in 10 hours and we have others coming back after 12 and bringing back 20-50 stops.

This peak, there seemed to be little ramp up. Sort of normal Monday and Tuesday, slammed on Wednesday.

barnyard

KTM rider
Just for giggles, I went out to my center. There are 9 loads waiting for the preload.

I wish I had not done that. I am going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just for giggles, I went out to my center. There are 9 loads waiting for the preload.

I'm kind of scratching my head why you would do that?

browndingo

You don't say how many loads they usually get, but some of those loads might be regular loads that were brought in early to avoid weather. That's what they're doing in my area - they moved loads on Saturday that would normally have gone out Sunday night so they'd miss the snow.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm kind of scratching my head why you would do that?

I was curious and my center is 10 minutes from the house. I had to shovel some snow and had not been out all weekend so I drove out.

On a normal Sunday, there are 3-5 loads sitting on property and usually get 2-3 more during the sort.

I should have stayed home, remaining blissfully ignorant.

bumped

Ever think that just maybe, being understaffed is the IE plan all along? The drivers will do whatever it takes to try and get everything delivered. Drivers and helpers working longer hours. stops per car through the roof. Does UPS reimburse on any of the missed packages this time of year.

FilingBluesFL

I've seen just misloads out at our center, not all this other craziness of stuff stacked up in all the corners of the buildings.

Friday night I came back at around 7pm-ish. There were a ton of misloads hanging around, so I dug through 'em and pulled out the residentials and delivered 9 of them that I knew I could get.

Then when I get back, the on-road bitches at me for being out over 12 hours... because he's gonna get in trouble.

"Well... why didn't you say anything about that when I told you what I was taking when I left?" "Uhhhh....."

Exactly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We don't have the problem of rolling loads or drivers bringing back stops-----we are clean going in to tomorrow. Our problem is NDA-----it seems that they have forgotten that NDA is a premium product which really needs to be delivered on time.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I've seen just misloads out at our center, not all this other craziness of stuff stacked up in all the corners of the buildings.

Friday night I came back at around 7pm-ish. There were a ton of misloads hanging around, so I dug through 'em and pulled out the residentials and delivered 9 of them that I knew I could get.

Then when I get back, the on-road bitches at me for being out over 12 hours... because he's gonna get in trouble.

"Well... why didn't you say anything about that when I told you what I was taking when I left?" "Uhhhh....."

Exactly.
Why would you go back out and do more work? Trying to go into management?

FilingBluesFL

Why would you go back out and do more work? Trying to go into management?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Could you clarify that?
Am not familiar with sign language.