Bad Weather in KY.

Ms.PacMan

Get the beach towels ready I'm on my way. Oh wait airports are closed. Ok so I will drive, oh wait the roads are iced over. Humm I will figure out a way to get there.
LOL - that is why I don't take any vacation until the end of March.

I really hate it when the call this weather a wintry mix - sounds like a delicious snack :knockedout:

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I had a meet point today at 1400 were i received an aditional 45 air packages. It was from louisville, but we were directed to sheet as other and not weather for late reason.

Its been a rough winter with the weather, snow, ice freezing temps, bring on summer!

If you look close at weather for the late reason I think it says, Severe Weather on Area. It's been over a year since I've had a Diad in my hands so that may have changed. We had a center manager that wanted weather used when he put out a bad dispatch if there was any snow in the air. Our AM shuttle driver pointed out to him that the Gateway would tag all the packages if in fact there were weather issues with late arrivals to the Center.

Bring on spring!

bluehdmc

Oh yes Florida- that state where:

everyone can reccomend an excellant dermatoligist

car are driven by headless people

road construction NEVER ends

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

I don't know about the dermatologist but:

Cars are driven by Q-tips. (can't you see the little white puff of hair above the seat back?)

Maybe road construction NEVER ends but............ in the Northeast we have 2 seasons, winter and road construction.

chopstic

yep. our east coast plane came in an hour late last night. It netted us an extra hour and a half of work. incliment weather is our friend.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a planeload of air get to our hub at 2:30 yesterday. By the time it was ran through the system and got sorted out, it was too late to carry it out to the drivers for meet points. I got in at 4:15 and I had to put it on the belt so it could be loaded in a retain trailer for delivery today. We had another late plane today, but somebody ran the late air out to me and I got it at 10:45 A little bit better.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ended up getting an air meet at 230 pm today. Does that even make sense? And worse thing about it, we were in the middle of the ice storm as well. I could understand a late plane because of Louisville weather leading to an air meet BUT we were all struggling around here with driveways, ice, snow and just to help us, here's another 10 stops and backtrack your way to get them done.

The only conclusion I have come up with is that this is an attempt to make sure a route gets cut the next day. Thats why we have been getting these ridiculous air meets frequently. With the economy, they use the excuse to get rid of as many stops as possible. I'm familiar with the concept of saving money, but why screw all your drivers when we're dealing with some adversity as well. They've done this with ground in the past as well. Its not about the customers or commits, just plain scroogness (just made up the word :happy2:)

I'm ranting because I punched out at 11 hrs. Can't wait for some blue skies tomorrow !!!:wink2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
And UPS is sending this to its internet shippers

Winter Weather Delays

Severe winter weather in the U.S. is affecting all transportation carriers. UPS operations have been impacted, including UPS WorldPort, our main air hub in Louisville, KY. Poor highway conditions have also affected ground and freight transportation. UPS has deployed contingency plans and is making every effort to keep your shipments moving.
The UPS package guarantee does not apply when transportation networks are affected by weather