Bagel's Primer 4 Helpers on Common Driver Psychological Haplotypes and Personalities

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Re: Bagel's Primer 4 Helpers on Common Driver Psychological Haplotypes and Personalit

Not our problem....thats what Brown wants......thats what they get!.If your helper cant use the DIAD, give him your Sups phone number. Your driving, you cant pick up the phone!

That's what I'm saying, I'm responsible for their safety, not to train them. If they want them to learn the DIAD then they should send them all the intergrad.

Re: Bagel's Primer 4 Helpers on Common Driver Psychological Haplotypes and Personalit

That's what I'm saying, I'm responsible for their safety, not to train them. If they want them to learn the DIAD then they should send them all the intergrad.

One of the helpers, slipped a fell last year. They was drilling the poor driver about it. He said wtf am I supposed to do? Hold his hand? or go make deliveries?

oldngray

nowhere special

One of the helpers, slipped a fell last year. They was drilling the poor driver about it. He said wtf am I supposed to do? Hold his hand? or go make deliveries?

A couple of years ago my center had a helper hit by a car. Of course it was the drivers fault.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What are you guys going to do when you are forced to use an "independent" helper? They are really pushing these this year in my center----drop off the helper with a DIAD in a residential section with 30-40 stops----come back when he is done, pick him up and drop him off somewhere else. We are all very skeptical about this plan but I am willing to see if it will work before dismissing it.

Whether you work directly with the helper or drop him off, it is really worth the few minutes that you will spend training him on the basics of the DIAD. Delivering one office building while he delivers the others saves so much time.

no matter what numbers our helper teams put up we get this same speech every year. We all ignore it. Only thing I know they are doing it with is apt complexes. All the other drivers just say tough.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I would like to know how a helper can keep 30-40 stops secure when you drop them on a corner of some random neighborhood he's never been in.

Yep LP would have a field day. It's y they hate me doing the mall route here. Only 1 cart at a time for me. Must keep everything secure.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

What are you guys going to do when you are forced to use an "independent" helper? They are really pushing these this year in my center----drop off the helper with a DIAD in a residential section with 30-40 stops----come back when he is done, pick him up and drop him off somewhere else. We are all very skeptical about this plan but I am willing to see if it will work before dismissing it. Whether you work directly with the helper or drop him off, it is really worth the few minutes that you will spend training him on the basics of the DIAD. Delivering one office building while he delivers the others saves so much time.
And what about when you pick him up to do it all over again.

UPSGUY72

JB, the helper lives on my delivery area. The plan is to drop him off at his house and leave the packages on his enclosed porch.

So he is going to walk back to his house and get the packages each time ???

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Hand cart.
So you're saying the helper is going to store packages at his house for his neighborhood, handcart back and forth through the neighborhood, then get picked up to do the same thing somewhere else without a storage area to secure the parcels in? Management is directing this to happen with all helpers according to your post.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. They are trying to do this with as many of the helpers as possible.

I was talking to our mall driver on Friday. He told me that his son is going to be a helper and that they are asking him to do the same thing in the neighborhood where he lives.

As I said, I understand the concept and will keep an open mind.

gingerkat

Almost impossible to load a hand cart with that many stops. Try doing in a resi with nothing but huge apartment complexes. It's great when they have leasing offices that will accept if tenant not home, but you still have to train the helper how to pre-sheet.

I really do not understand how the HR people can give absolutely ZERO diad training to a brand new helper. As a matter of fact, they didn't even show the "potential" helpers what the diad looked like. No wonder helpers quit so quickly!

oldngray

nowhere special

Anyone else ever drop off a helper with stops and when you picked them up they had just left the packages without sheeting because they couldn't figure out the DIAD?

Anyone else ever drop off a helper with stops and when you picked them up they had just left the packages without sheeting because they couldn't figure out the DIAD?

That happened to me before edd.not sure if we ever found all the packages. I wasted so much time going door to door! Oh well, guess you get what you pay for!...lol

gingerkat

Aww shucks… actually last year I did forget to sheet one stop, but not because I couldn't figure out the diad. My driver always encouraged us to work fast, unsafe and hard, and I forgot to do it in my rush to deliver. Talk about feeling stupid, but it was a good learning lesson.

UPSGUY72

LOL I have had some helper that you stop in front of the HOUSE you tell them the number of the house what side of the road and where to deliver and they still somehow go to the wrong house.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

LOL I have had some helper that you stop in front of the HOUSE you tell them the number of the house what side of the road and where to deliver and they still somehow go to the wrong house.

I have a helper like that. I try to park at the correct driveway so he just has to step down and go to the obvious house, he will still get it wrong if I don't keep an eye on him.