Bagging Smalls

menotyou

bella amicizia
I assume feeders is what they call the CPU or CPI? The trailers? I unload those too. I am still getting accustomed to the jargon. I get moved around a bit. It is warmer doing that job as the package lines generally have the bay doors open all night.
We call them feeders(trailers) because they 'feed' the belt(whatever apparatus is used at your building to get the packages to the preloader). I work at a very small center that has a preload and a metro(unload brown trucks onto feeders with outbound packages), and drivers. Maybe, if we are lucky, 50 employees.

barnyard

KTM rider
Seriously, that was part of my problem Monday night. Except I was too polite to let it go so by the end of four hours, I had buns of steel just from the clench.

and there was your mistake.

You work in a warehouse fer crissakes. You need to learn the art of cropdusting.

Earion

If you worked inside, you would know they feed the belt in the center.

The set up is one side with single bays for the trailers (which is called the back wall or CPI or CPU), conveyer belts go into the trailer and feed onto the sort belt which is in the center of the building. Then there are two other conveyer belt lines where the package cars back up on either side of the belts, those belts then feed to the sorters, zig zagging through the building. I work twilight, so I have never seen the loading of the package cars. Some of the trailer doors are for load (I guess those would be the feeders? The trailers that go onto other hubs), so there are three unload trailer bays and the rest are load trailer bays. There can be an unload and a load trailer in side by side bays. Three doors are designated for unloads on the feeder side. One of those sort belts dumps via a chute right onto the small sort line. I am not sure how many employees are there. Generally there are four to five of us who do the twilight package car unload. I don't know the sizes of operations so I can't really compare.

Earion

and there was your mistake.

You work in a warehouse fer crissakes. You need to learn the art of cropdusting.

I am a southern gentleman. I wouldn't pass gas in public anymore than I would cop a squat and drop a deuce in the middle of someone's dining room table! tsk.. I might not be cut out for warehouse work... heh

Johney

I am a southern gentleman. I wouldn't pass gas in public anymore than I would cop a squat and drop a deuce in the middle of someone's dining room table! tsk.. I might not be cut out for warehouse work... heh
I think you may have just answered your own question