Ballot count

U

uber

Who's responsible for counting the ballots? Where does it take place? Is it legit?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was just wondering the same thing. I wonder if the TA will also get a unanimous vote from all members.

Is this your first contract?

The process to vote is clearly spelled out. There is a certain order in which you must assemble your ballot for mailing----failure to follow this or any of the other directions will disqualify your ballot. You mark your ballot(s), put them in an unmarked envelope which in turn is placed in to a pre-addressed, postage paid (?) envelope for mailing. (I forget whether the union pays the postage or not---I'm pretty sure they do). The ballot must be postmarked by a certain date and received at the processing center by a certain date or it will be discarded. Once at the processing center the ballots are opened, the votes counted and the result(s) announced. This is the one thing that the union does that it is above reproach.

Newfire

Upstate can you please try to clarify this for me I know you've been around a good while so I trust your knowledge. Steward told me that any ballot not returned at all can be counted as a yes vote. Any truth to that? That you know of.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate can you please try to clarify this for me I know you've been around a good while so I trust your knowledge. Steward told me that any ballot not returned at all can be counted as a yes vote. Any truth to that? That you know of.

This is untrue. Any ballot not returned is simply not counted.