Ballots coming the first week in september.... what the....?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've been voting on contracts for 24 years that having nothing in them about healthcare coverage except what the employer contributes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been voting on contracts for 24 years that having nothing in them about healthcare coverage except what the employer contributes.

Which is why they should just let each local or region take care of their healthcare. This is what's done with pensions.

Take my local. Work one day a month and ups puts a full months worth of pension and healthcare money.

We have our own pension which is separate and better than central states (from what I understand). There's no reason this can't be done with healthcare.

Which is why they should just let each local or region take care of their healthcare. This is what's done with pensions.

Take my local. Work one day a month and ups puts a full months worth of pension and healthcare money.

We have our own pension which is separate and better than central states (from what I understand). There's no reason this can't be done with healthcare.
I don't think there are any active ups teamsters still in central states pension.

PT Car Washer

My dad has been drawing a Central States Pension since he turned 62. Not UPS. He will soon turn 85. God willing. I think it is around $600.00 a month.

cynic

This type of leadership with HORRID communication to the members that pay dues and therefore their salaries makes me want to know when will the next elections be held to vote Hoff/Hall out!?

RealPerson

The IBT is sending out ballots for the second vote and they should start arriving the first week in september. Here in southern california, we havent had a contract meeting since the rejection of the master, rider and supplemental. NO ONE from the IBT or our locals has called a meeting to discuss why we voted down the contract.

For us in the west, despite the letter from K.Hall advising us to "go pound sand", we will continue to vote DOWN the riders and supplementals and hold up this contract until the IBT discusses health insurance coverage with us.

VOTE NO, again.

Peace

TOS

Does everyone get ballots, or only the people who voted the first time???

Limper

Out For Delivery
I'm gonna take a guess that Hoffa and hall are on their way out.

Any of you remember all those posts last year calling hall "the smartest guy in the room" or "you don't
want to go up against this guy!" or "hall is a buzz saw". The times they are a-changing.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The IBT is sending out ballots for the second vote and they should start arriving the first week in september.
Is this coming from your Local?
. This time around, Ken is in charge of counting them.
Come on....
Change nothing, but keep re-voting till you get the outcome you want?
Ask someone from YRC, regarding the NMF vote.... Thats what they would tell you.
Same story here. Until they have the decency to sit down and talk to us about our problems. It's a no vote.
Agree with that. They work for you, not vice versa.
No arguing that point.
I'm gonna take a guess that Hoffa and hall are on their way out.
Thats what the opposing slate (Fred) and the independent (Sandy) said last election. Funny.... "Ole" Fred bailed after the last election.... And then, one of his running mates (and son) got caught with their hand in the till. Subsequently, booted out....
Good because the central region needs some changes made. I'm not talking healthcare. I'm talking actual language changes to the central.
Yep.
Which is why they should just let each local or region take care of their healthcare. This is what's done with pensions. Take my local. Work one day a month and ups puts a full months worth of pension and healthcare money. We have our own pension which is separate and better than central states (from what I understand). There's no reason this can't be done with healthcare.
It can be addressed in the supplement.... No doubt about that.
I don't think there are any active ups teamsters still in central states pension.
That can't possibly be true, can it?
The only "active" UPS employees in Central States Pension....Are Officers and Agents, in office at the time of.. ratification of the last contract.... who are "grandfathered" in to the new plan. Or....Newly elected Officers and Agents, that leave the "new" plan upon serving in elected positions in their Local.
(Who get screwed because of this).

​-Bug-

Is this coming from your Local?Come on....Ask someone from YRC, regarding the NMF vote.... Thats what they would tell you.No arguing that point.Thats what the opposing slate (Fred) and the independent (Sandy) said last election. Funny.... "Ole" Fred bailed after the last election.... And then, one of his running mates (and son) got caught with their hand in the till. Subsequently, booted out.... Yep.It can be addressed in the supplement.... No doubt about that.The only "active" UPS employees in Central States Pension....Are Officers and Agents, in office at the time of.. ratification of the last contract.... who are "grandfathered" in to the new plan. Or....Newly elected Officers and Agents, that leave the "new" plan upon serving in elected positions in their Local.
(Who get screwed because of this).

​-Bug-
I'm glad you are a part of this forum.

Delivered

Per the tentative Central Sup "The UPS/IBT Plan will recognize full-time service in the CS Plan for determining eligibility for
the benefits in this section and will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from
the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age. If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is
reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included
in this offset."