Barnes and Noble

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why do some drivers act like they are being put out if they have to deliver boxes?

Direct relationship to management here. Any delay and the drivers to blame. Add to that other factors like Orion and a late start time and there is zero room for delay.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Barnes and nobles volume increase has something to do with its supplier. Our stores are all getting 100-250 boxes that weigh 40-50 pounds a piece. Those drivers were given the option to start early with a separate car for just that bulk stop.
Actually it has to do with Barnes and Noble themselves. They stopped using their freight carrier who was delivering a majority of their inventory. They weren't doing the job right and B&N dropped them. The carrier actually went bankrupt over it from what I have heard from the B&N employees here.

We deliver about 150 a day to B&N alone, a lot more here lately with the incoming season.

wayfair

swollen member
Had this very same discussion with one of our on-cars last week. We were asked to sign a NDA certification and one of our drivers put RTS on his. We both agreed that regardless of whether you sign it or not you will still be expected to comply with whatever directive or policy change is on that piece of paper. He further stated that if you went to panel and they opened your discipline file and showed all of these "RTS's" that it would make you look like less than a model employee.

I don't even waste time putting "RTS" on discipline, let the supe do it...

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Actually it has to do with Barnes and Noble themselves. They stopped using their freight carrier who was delivering a majority of their inventory. They weren't doing the job right and B&N dropped them. The carrier actually went bankrupt over it from what I have heard from the B&N employees here.

We deliver about 150 a day to B&N alone, a lot more here lately with the incoming season.
If you have a "party city" store in your area this happened to them too. They used the same frieght forwarding company they BN put out of business

We are getting hammered because of this

The only time I covered the BN Del while running a bulk truck the reciver told me to shove 267 boxes up my ass

Fortunately i also considered that piece of paper an extra contractual agreement and threw it in the trash so I didn't feel compelled to follow her direction

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
If you have a "party city" store in your area this happened to them too. They used the same frieght forwarding company they BN put out of business

We are getting hammered because of this

The only time I covered the BN Del while running a bulk truck the reciver told me to shove 267 boxes up my ass

Fortunately i also considered that piece of paper an extra contractual agreement and threw it in the trash so I didn't feel compelled to follow her direction
Yep! I have been running bulk a little bit over the past couple of weeks. When I do, I get Party City and B&N. They take an entire 800 by themselves.