Bathroom Break Policy for Drivers..??

Cementups

Box Monkey
If I am peeing then I do it on the clock. If I am dropping a duece then i usually code out for my 10 minute paid break since I am not a drop and run kind of guy. I just take my phone with me and play Words With Friends which is what I would do on my break anyway.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
If I have to turn the wheel of my vehicle before I relieve myself, it's on my time. If I'm in a building with a bathroom it's on theirs.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
maybe mgt needs to code out their 20 smoke breaks that many have throughout the day....people, were losing valuable production out of them for doing this. Add up all of this time and the company is down a million or two. Better ojs ride them from the office to the designated break area. If they dont light that thing on the first try, write them up for it...not following methods. Then write em' up again for a safety violation...smoking is bad for your health. better get IE involved, they can do a time study. It should take 45 seconds to walk out to break area and 4.3 minutes to smoke a cig then 45 seconds for the return trip. Are you whining that 4.3 seconds isnt enough time? IE knows that some sups dont inhale as deep as others..but dont worry, it all averages out in the end...ITS ALL FACTORED IN!!!!

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I feel that we should make every reasonable effort to go potty during our meal and break periods rather than on company time, but when you gotta go you gotta go.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I know a guy who takes $10 craps. He makes $22 a hour on preload. Guess the math. Apparently he has to take his shirt off to get comfy. LOL!! As far as the legalities of crapping on the clock, OSHA has regulations that restrict companies from imposing "unreasonable restrictions" on bathroom use. In other words, if you gotta go, you can go.

upserr1

After several years of pkg car pounding my bladder and of course my age I have to go quite offen always on their time was told That was to be done on designated breaks manager unaware I taped coversation played it backed to hr in Atlanta was never told to code off again manager transferred I hope I had something to do with that

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I know a guy who takes $10 craps. He makes $22 a hour on preload. Guess the math. Apparently he has to take his shirt off to get comfy. LOL!! As far as the legalities of crapping on the clock, OSHA has regulations that restrict companies from imposing "unreasonable restrictions" on bathroom use. In other words, if you gotta go, you can go.

Chucking stuff in my locker one night, could hear a pt-er using what must've been 20 seat liners on the commode before she sat down. I see her frequently on the pm side. She's got to be one of the slowest-moving ppl ever hired.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Chucking stuff in my locker one night, could hear a pt-er using what must've been 20 seat liners on the commode before she sat down. I see her frequently on the pm side. She's got to be one of the slowest-moving ppl ever hired.
And yet, she is still employed. This stuff amazes me! I bet she is safe!!

klein

Für Meno :)
To all this bathroom break stuff :

Counts per hour might be slow,
Just do all your dripping and the poohs
That's why you pay your union dues !

hypocrisy

Banned
I had to represent several part-timers over the years who had supervisors following them into the restroom. THAT was a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

raceanoncr

I had to represent several part-timers over the years who had supervisors following them into the restroom. THAT was a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Funny. Had Div mangler here for a while. Didn't last long. Heard in previous Div, followed feeder driver in can. All the way into stall. Checked over divider to see if driver's, uh, um, "thing" was out.

Care to take a guess as to whether he's still employed here or not?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel

Lol we also have a pt sup I see in the bathroom a few times a week fixing her hair during the sort. Hard to believe she really thinks anyone cares how her hair looks.

Funny. Had Div mangler here for a while. Didn't last long. Heard in previous Div, followed feeder driver in can. All the way into stall. Checked over divider to see if driver's, uh, um, "thing" was out.

Care to take a guess as to whether he's still employed here or not?
I'm surprised he didn't get promoted to corporate.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My last Center Manager told me...and I quote..."drivers who choose to bid rural routes need to bring some handi-wipes and be willing to pee in the bushes" instead of breaking trace to find a public restroom.

You cant make this stuff up.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My last Center Manager told me...and I quote..."drivers who choose to bid rural routes need to bring some handi-wipes and be willing to pee in the bushes" instead of breaking trace to find a public restroom.

This is a money making machine that will not be interfered with!

raceanoncr

Feeder mangler tried that once here, also. "All feeder drivers that MUST relieve themselves will do so pulling off an off/on ramp and go on the side, day or night".

We: "What about *******?" She was, at the time, our only female feeder driver.

That lasted about as long as it took for him to push the last pin in the notice.