BBSAM's big meeting

bbsam

Staff member
Any no info you can dump yet?
No, nothing new. But then again, Ground execs wouldn't have the "go ahead" to release that kind of info ahead of Express anyway. Alot of emphasis put on things discussed here like appearance and complaints, etc. CSA was another key issue. Our numbers there are terrrible. Service numbers, however, are extraordinary. People who dismiss the ability of Ground to adapt and succeed are being foolish. Our service numbers are not an accident.

It is probably most noteworthy that the meeting even took place with execs from that level. Pittsburgh is listening and very tuned into concerns from the field in a way I have never seen before.

About the only thing that one might be able to view as signaling a shift in volume came with respect to peak projections. Everyone from top down is ramping up for huge numbers and actually sweating over how to move it and process it. Is peak a cover story for something more? I think so, but nothing but instincts to go on with that.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Service numbers, however, are extraordinary

With all due respect, BB.
Hitting your service numbers can't be all that hard when there is only a day of commit, no same-day on-call pick ups and, I see ground drivers releasing frt. at businesses all the time where, we're required to get a sig. for every business del.

Out of the Dark

Hitting your service numbers can't be all that hard when there is only a day of commit, no same-day on-call pick ups and, I see ground drivers releasing frt. at businesses all the time where, we're required to get a sig. for every business del.

Ground has no CSA's. All their Freight is taken over the counter by FEDEX AIR CSA's or KINKOS. At ground terminals they take no frieght. They don't even have time commitments. Or Oncalls. When a stop is called in it's for the next day. They know exactly how to run their day. It's all plotted out from the morning.

Try and get a ground CSA on the phone for a reattempt..............bwahahaha .............not happening.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok. Dismiss it if you want. We will see.

Out of the Dark

Ground has no CSA's. All their Freight is taken over the counter by FEDEX AIR CSA's or KINKOS. At ground terminals they take no frieght. They don't even have time commitments. Or Oncalls. When a stop is called in it's for the next day. They know exactly how to run their day. It's all plotted out from the morning.

Try and get a ground CSA on the phone for a reattempt..............bwahahaha .............not happening.

vantexan

Your purple writing is very hard to read. I may be wrong but I don't think bbsam is referring to human CSA's. Sounds like some kind of numbers report.

bbsam

Staff member
Your purple writing is very hard to read. I may be wrong but I don't think bbsam is referring to human CSA's. Sounds like some kind of numbers report.
CSA is a national trucking company score card. "Compliance, Safety, Awareness"

STFXG

"compliance, safety, and accountability" just to correct ya there...

And our scores our bad because we run under the same dot numbers as FedEx ground line haul. Mostly physical problems and equipment failures on fedexs trailers...

bbsam

Staff member
"compliance, safety, and accountability" just to correct ya there...

And our scores our bad because we run under the same dot numbers as FedEx ground line haul. Mostly physical problems and equipment failures on fedexs trailers...
Ah. Thanks. And the trailers may be alot of the issue, but we have seen our share of issues in P and D as well.

Nick9075

About the only thing that one might be able to view as signaling a shift in volume came with respect to peak projections. Everyone from top down is ramping up for huge numbers and actually sweating over how to move it and process it. Is peak a cover story for something more? I think so, but nothing but instincts to go on with that.

Will it translate into $$$$$ ? I heard that this year peak should be at 20% more than peak last year.

HomeDelivery

I heard that too... some terminals are already looking for peak temp drivers already

hope they hire me as an hourly employee & start training them in the fall...