Be careful who you give your cell phone number

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont use my cell phone for work purposes, with a very few exceptions.

If a package contains medicine, is missing an apt# and has a phone number, I will call the customer to get their complete address. I have done this 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years, if some little old lady needs her meds I can be a nice guy and use my phone.

I also have a few rural customers with very steep driveways who I have called when it snows. We dont normally get huge amounts of snowfall here and most people in this area dont own snowplows. I will call them to let them know I left their package at the gate or at the bottom of the driveway if I am worried about getting stuck.

As far as pickups are concerned, I go to every pickup overy day. Period, no exceptions. Calling customers is very unprofessional, they are paying us to show up every day. They shouldnt have to take time to answer the phone. The only exception to this was a rural account I once had who only shipped once or twice a week, he had a steep gravel driveway and he didnt want me driving up there and tearing it up for no reason so he asked me to call him instead of driving up there every day.