Beards and long hair

D

dammor

"What does it say about female drivers wearing shorts but not shaving their legs? Or is that just a lesbian thing? God, UPS attracts them like steel to a magnet!"

9, Ups does attract many different kinds of people. Jerks seem to be in great demand right now.

O

over9five

Not really.... I think theres enough of us!

Over9five<<<<<Proud jerk!
Over9five<<<<<Politically incorrect (proud of that too!)

P

parttimejon

it's a double standard if the women don't have to shave their legs and i have to shave my goatee. plus as have said I HATE SHAVING.

i too am a jerk.

T

tieguy

Possibly a valid observation over 9. Its possible we may have been discriminatory and hired too many lesbians. In such a case we should probably start some special recruiting drives to hire more heterosexual females. All we need now is someone to test the females to ensure they are in fact heterosexual.....

D

dammor

"Possibly a valid observation over 9. Its possible we may have been discriminatory and hired too many lesbians. In such a case we should probably start some special recruiting drives to hire more heterosexual females. All we need now is someone to test the females to ensure they are in fact heterosexual....."

Tie, if you really are a supervisor you'd better hope and pray no woman on this board knows who you are and happens to have the misfortune to be working with you. Some things are humorous and some are just insulting. Are you smoking crack, or are you just trying to impress the men who find this sort of banter uplifting? It has no useful place on this board.

P

parttimejon

i think ties comments are uhhhhh how should i put this...sarcasm?

T

tieguy

"Tie, if you really are a supervisor you'd better hope and pray no woman on this board knows who you are and happens to have the misfortune to be working with you. Some things are humorous and some are just insulting. Are you smoking crack, or are you just trying to impress the men who find this sort of banter uplifting? It has no useful place on this board"

It was in fact a little sarcasm a little humor on my part. It appears dammor and I again disagree on what is humor and what is not. Perhaps you would like some nice benign fishing jokes next?

T

traveler

Tie
I'm definately offended by your reference to fishermen! Where's the ACLU and the EEOC. I need some help in stopping this discriminatory talk about fishermen.

O

over9five

Wait a minute......... We're not going to test females? Tie was not being serious? Tie, having fun has no useful place on this board!

D

dammor

"Wait a minute......... We're not going to test females? Tie was not being serious? Tie, having fun has no useful place on this board!"

I thought this board was for all UPS employees. It would seem it has turned into a little boys club. Sarcasm is fine, but some statements are offensive. Here's one for ya'll. Give the boy's a test before hiring them to determine if they have the capability to turn into MEN. It'a a painful process that some can't seem to handle.
That's what I consider funny........

O

over9five

"Give the boy's a test before hiring them to determine if they have the capability to turn into MEN. It'a a painful process that some can't seem to handle."

Sooooo its OK for dammor to be offensive....

D

dammor

It's a wasted thread. No matter what I say, or you for that matter, will change our perception.
Time to move on. Have a good weekend.

D

danlin

We had some Einstein in our center ...part timer delivering air...had eyebrow rings and covered them with bandaids. It raised huge issues with management. What a joke. Call me old fashioned but this is a simple issue. We are an appearance company,we shine our shoes,we wash our trucks and planes and cut our hair. One chooses to abide by the rules when he CHOOSES to be employed by this company.

T

toonertoo

Danlin is correct, if you want to work, you agree to the terms. In this politically correct arena we live in anymore, people think they should be able to come in and everyone else should be change respect their FEELINGS, their Religious beliefs, NOT. If you want to put holes in your body thats fine, but we are a company admired for our presentation, and baubles hanging from the body, is not accepted, and I doubt if it ever will be, and it could be a safety hazard. Tongue piercing, take it out when you go to work, so you can speak so people can understand you. I hate trying to talk to someone who sounds like their mouth is full of shi%, and I am suppose to make an effort to understand them? Not again. All the new crazes and fads will run their course, but a fortune 500 company does not have to bend to adhere to whimsy. JMHO

R

rushfan

I can't grow my hair long, I have a "monkey butt", and it will look bad. I can't do a comb over, my hair is curly.

D

dannyboy

who der?

Appearance. With the long hair under the cap, even the BA had no clue that Kenny's hair was that long, until he showed up at a meeting with it down. THe BA thought he was a part timer. Couldnt beleive that all that hair fit under a cap.

After three years, he finally cut it. Said it was just too hot and too hard to keep clean delivering the coal fields.

As for body piercings, they are a nono. But what about tatoos? I see a lawsuit coming down the road. What is the difference between a tatoo on your hands and arms or legs and rings through your nose?

d

30andout

As I have posted before, I agree with no piercings, or long hair, but don't you think its a little overboard to say a person must wear long pants or long sleve shirt to cover a knee or elbow brace. Whats next no glasses, they're not part of the uniform either.