Beat up trailers..........

1pocket73

I have a combo job(feeder/package car)and in the mornings I run trailers back and forth for about 3-4 hours.I rarely pull the same pup twice and during my pre trips I have noticed gouges,dents,scratches...you name it.Some trailers are ancient,some old and some new.If some of these "war wounds" were never reported,could management try and place blame on me for some scratch or what not?There is also a huge gouge(8 feet long)in one of our newer 24 ft box trucks that I am pretty sure never got reported.Just curious as to how the company looks at this.Thoughts?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a combo job(feeder/package car)and in the mornings I run trailers back and forth for about 3-4 hours.I rarely pull the same pup twice and during my pre trips I have noticed gouges,dents,scratches...you name it.Some trailers are ancient,some old and some new.If some of these "war wounds" were never reported,could management try and place blame on me for some scratch or what not?There is also a huge gouge(8 feet long)in one of our newer 24 ft box trucks that I am pretty sure never got reported.Just curious as to how the company looks at this.Thoughts?

Write it up on the pre-trip
You are doing a pre-trip aren't you?

1pocket73

Write it up on the pre-trip
You are doing a pre-trip aren't you?
Yes,I am very diligent in my pre-trips.Of course,when it is -20 out I cut corners and just focus on the important stuff.Not really sure how to write trailers up though.We are not a feeder center at all and have no trailer mechanics.Whenever we have major issues with trailers,we have to send them out to be serviced.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I wouldn't worry about it, I pull stuff like this all the time. I mean they can try to place blame on you but they have no proof, and you are telling the truth so screw them. If you really think something should be done about the trailers then write it up in the CCR when you get back to the building.

MaceFremonti

Take a picture with your cell phone and send it to your supe alomg with a quick text with trailer number etc before you move trailer.

UPS rule #1 Cover Your Ass!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I keep going to dispatch and telling them about damage to tractors and trailers with slight damage, and they have started rolling their eyes at me, so now I have stopped telling them unless it's major

raceanoncr

I reported all that seemed to be fresh and even most that seemed not-so-fresh.

As Mace stated: "Cover Your Ass". You never know what kind of "Flavor-of-the-month" it's gonna be when you walk in.

I tried not to be antagonistic but if THEY wanted you to follow all the rules, then, BY GOLLY, I'm gonna follow all the rules, whether I or they liked it.