Beating letter boxes.

Dave,

you are showing, on paper, that you have a producing letter box. When in actuality it may not produce enough and should be put in a better location.

Well well well, what to do. Leave the post alone and let it stand with the famous NYspin, or again, as so many times in the past, correct someone that has a serious problem with comprehension of what he has been told or what he has read. And for those who dont have the hutspah to read more than a snippit, sorry.

Why would they go through the trouble to write down the barcodes, or key enter then later and hit stop complete, if the only time that registers is when you hit stop complete?

Another famous truth according to NYspin.....
Another truth per NYspin, following the better than thou "as you know" you poor stupid poor man.......

Alas, again, truth as only NYspin can make up. Really? the time is only important to the customer? Who put the time on the box, the customer? Or was it UPS? IF UPS, then it must be important to someone higher up than your paygrade, dont you think? OR do you really believe that someone abitrarily came along and just for *****sand giggles decided that 6:45 would be the time? The time in the pick up log should match the time on the box, if not, it is a center management problem. That should be the least of your concern. The larger concern should be to take care of the customer.

What, no "Im sure you would know"?.....

I never said you advocated picking them up early, only scanning them early. What I was addressing was your statement that UPS would not even look back into a drivers record of picking up a box early unless a customer called in a complaint. That just is not so. LP many times does audits on drivers without a customer complaint to touch off the problem.

Really, now where did I say wait an extra 5 minutes? BUt then again, you choose to read what you want into any post, dont you? In the case I spoke about, they picked it up as early as 4:30 on some days. It was the unreliability of the pickup time that cost us thousands of lost revenue.

Funny, I was taught differently, I was taught to wait until just after the time on the box, scan it, then scan the packages. Then hit stop complete, all while there at the box. BUt no, you will break with your training to "work smarter, not harder" per your NYspin. You are instructed to scan all packages as you deliver and pick them up. Asd, ARS, RS at the place you picked them up, not when you feel good and dang ready to. BUt again, you enjoy doing things your own way, not the ups way.....

So now you are admitting falsifying your pickup record? AFter all, those 55 RS,ARS packages were not in or on the box, were they? So you falsify records, and that makes you smarter than the rest of the drivers?
You were trained differently. But you choose to reflect on that training with the self-rightous spin you so love to share. And as with the "dont you know" that you have +-15 minutes on drop boxes, you are very wrong on a lot of issues. But some things never change.

d
W O W you just treated Nancy like a little beaitch.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You can't scan any packages until you have scanned the drop box barcode.

Got to my 1645 drop box at 1632. Scanned barcode, no packages to pickup, scanned 55 RS/ARS's, closed out stop at 1645.

With as much time in as you have are you telling me you have never picked up a drop box?

Not since '94 as a PM air driver and there were no barcodes to scan back then.
PM air drivers didn't carry DIADs back then .
It was DIAD 1 back then, no 2 way communication.
We carried a device called a KDT for on calls, anybody remember those?

[/COLOR]
Not since '94 as a PM air driver and there were no barcodes to scan back then.
PM air drivers didn't carry DIADs back then .
It was DIAD 1 back then, no 2 way communication.
We carried a device called a KDT for on calls, anybody remember those?
I bet Nancy knows everything there is to know and then some about this as he does everything. He is like that Dos Equis guy the most interesting man on earth. That's our Nancy.

BrownArmy

Sometimes BC is really boring.

UPSTATE, just enter SPC counts, and scan your ARS/RS/whatever packages as you get them.

You don't need to do an Unscheduled pickup, you don't need to attach these packages to a drop-box or other scheduled pickup, just put them in the SPC count field. Someone hands you a package, put it in SPC. Do it right then or do it later, I can't imagine it makes a damn bit of difference. I do it when I get the package(s), because then I don't have to think about it.

Your center manager sounds like a nice person, but if your management team has instructed you to attach your ARS/RS/crazy-lady-on-the-street-chasing-you-down packages to a drop-box or otherwise scheduled pickup, that's just goofy.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Ya know, that's all fine and dandy but what about our customers? Those letter boxes have a time on them. The customers (at least the regular customers) know what time frame they have to drop off by and know that we will be there to pick them up. Anyone who picks up a letter box prior to the commit time is just screwing our customers. Our customers pay our wages. I'm tired of this crap. Do your fricking job the way it's supposed to be done.:nono2:
Didn't you know that some of our drivers need to get done early??

What'dyabringmetoday???

I have 5 drop boxes with commit times starting at 1645 through 1730. I usually end up sitting at the 1730 box for a few minutes so I scan the box when I get there, scan the ASD's or RS's of the packages that I picked up at that box and then stop complete at 1730 while still parked at the drop box. danny is suggesting that I should sit until at least 1735--that's not going to happen, especially since I have my 3 heaviest pickups still left to close out. The pickup time is on the box for a reason--not my problem if people can't read.
It is amazing how much spunk you have after just finishing lunch at 16:30ish.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hmm. A bore? I've been called a lot of things, but bore? Once, again, Dave you have no idea what you are talking about.I know, in that extremely long conversation you need to have with our BA, you can ask him how much I bore him. :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks, Dave. I needed that laugh. :rofl: :rofl:

Ask AJ how much those shoes bore her. You be very surprised a the people that take me very seriously. Your very own bosses. Just told as much yesterday. My center actively engages me. Even, now.

As far as sexual innuendo, I'm sexy as hell and I know it. I'm not flaunting, I am confident. I am confident you will never.:surprised:

Have a great day, Dave.:bigsmile2: :bigsmile2::bigsmile2:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Would you prefer that I join the 6 or 7 who sit at the Mobil station from 6-7pm each night?

Now if they would only stop letting drivers with no days left take dead days rather than add extra areas...

You might as well go to the gas station, as it's no different than what you do.
I suspect 407 was spot on in his assessment of that.
The lunch break, by design, is for us to stop to rest and nourish our bodies and minds.
What you and your coworkers at the Mobile station are taking would be more aptly called dinner.
I don't see the correlation with the "dead days" as you call them.
Staffing levels, combined with volume fluxuations, will always encourage this practice.
The other alternative is layoffs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The casual who covered for the driver who took the dead day could have been better used covering an extra area as all of the city drivers went out heavy yesterday.

We have had the lunch discussion many times--you will not change my mind nor will I change yours. I have already admitted to not taking it within the contractually agreed times as it just does not work on my area. Taking my meal break between 1545 and 1630 works best as that is the natural break in my pickups and satisifies the intent, if not the letter, of the contract.

As for sitting at a gas station for an hour----my condo is on my area and I much prefer my recliner to a hard plastic bench seat. Besides, I would not feel right sitting there without buying something and why should I buy something when my fridge is full. You are right about one thing--I don't have a lot in common with most of my co-workers and would prefer not to spend time with them and they with me. We have a working relationship but there are few whom I would choose to hang out with and even fewer who would choose to hang out with me. It is what it is.

The casual who covered for the driver who took the dead day could have been better used covering an extra area as all of the city drivers went out heavy yesterday.

We have had the lunch discussion many times--you will not change my mind nor will I change yours. I have already admitted to not taking it within the contractually agreed times as it just does not work on my area. Taking my meal break between 1545 and 1630 works best as that is the natural break in my pickups and satisifies the intent, if not the letter, of the contract.

As for sitting at a gas station for an hour----my condo is on my area and I much prefer my recliner to a hard plastic bench seat. Besides, I would not feel right sitting there without buying something and why should I buy something when my fridge is full. You are right about one thing--I don't have a lot in common with most of my co-workers and would prefer not to spend time with them and they with me. We have a working relationship but there are few whom I would choose to hang out with and even fewer who would choose to hang out with me. It is what it is.
Don't get depressed I'm sure your mom likes you.

Don't do it, there will always be some customer that will show up at 6:59 and want to drop something in the box that has already been picked up. Man up and do the pick up at 7:00!

Some people have over 400 ASD's to scan. How can you do that in 1 minute?

Both of my parents are dead--thanks for bringing it up.
Mine are to. It is what it is lifes hard thank the good lord Jesus I've got my wife and kids who love me. It make it bearable and hopeful. I don't claim to know it all which is how you come off. This is why posters line up to fire at you at will. You've got problems as do we all but your digs on people in general make you the target you are. You've bashed me for being honest as to who I am a human being who feels pain and humility. You have a lot to learn Nancy. When you let up a little I'll call you Dave again. God bless your tortured soul man.