Beck Law

1timepu

What I was thinking was nothing better then hitting the union in the pocket, under the Beck Law in right to work states you can pay no union due, in other states you can get your dues cut in 1/2

1timepu

Still get benis pension healthcare, and representation, I don't appreciate my dues being spent on political (Democrats), plus I don't appreciate being sold out by my union so what better way to bring em to their knees, at least I am not a union drone that takes everything the union gives me without question, unfortunately I don't live in a right to work state so i will be still paying dues just NOT as much, ehm who is the smart one here I will save over $5,ooo in the next 7 years

Ouch

If you hire a lawyer and pay him good money you get better representation than the free lawyer would give you. You pay for what you get. Im assuming you are grown and are able to make your on decisions. Why would you come on this forum and ask about it?

Stonefish

Still get benis pension healthcare, and representation, I don't appreciate my dues being spent on political (Democrats), plus I don't appreciate being sold out by my union so what better way to bring em to their knees, at least I am not a union drone that takes everything the union gives me without question, unfortunately I don't live in a right to work state so i will be still paying dues just NOT as much, ehm who is the smart one here I will save over $5,ooo in the next 7 years
First of all your dues aren't spent on politics that's what DRIVE is for and I'm sure someone as anti-union as you don't contribute.
Secondly you weren't sold out by your union.
Lastly, your as Over9five put it a low-life scum sucking leech you want the benefits of being in a union but don't want to pay dues. If you don't want to pay dues go work in a non union shop and you can cut your own deals there. But then again you won't have the wages, pension, health care, vacations, seniority, job protection, etc.

Stonefish

If you hire a lawyer and pay him good money you get better representation than the free lawyer would give you. You pay for what you get. Im assuming you are grown and are able to make your on decisions. Why would you come on this forum and ask about it?
Because he would take the free lawyer and sue him when he lost his case. He is a loser.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Anybody enact the Beck Law? I am thinking about doing it, would like some feed back.

small_jimmy%252520hoffa%252520finger.jpg

1timepu

Your in dream land if you think part of your dues aren't spent on political gains, I don't appreciate when my local goes away they book $400 a night rooms!, where does that money come from selling cookies????!!! You all are in dream land, ask question's don't just follow like Baa baaa, I will save $5,000 over the next 7 years better in my pocket then the crooks

1timepu

So typical of union thugs here, pro Obama thugs, if you read it right I would be still paying dues just not the $80 but more like $40, so no it's not "free"

1timepu

As for the teamster's being a union ya right, I grew up in a union family, my Dad worked for the Ibew, so don't tell me what a union is, this isn't one

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Your in dream land if you think part of your dues aren't spent on political gains, I don't appreciate when my local goes away they book $400 a night rooms!, where does that money come from selling cookies????!!! You all are in dream land, ask question's don't just follow like Baa baaa, I will save $5,000 over the next 7 years better in my pocket then the crooks

You are the union. If your local is dropping $400 a night on hotel stays (individual hotel charges aren't showed on the financial reports, so I'm curious where you got this number -- also, if it's for a grievance panel, the union and the company typically take turns picking the hotel location and it might have been the company's pick), you need to be at the podium demanding why they aren't doing a better job of managing the member's dues money.

And I'm not a "pro Obama" thug. Way to paint with a broad brush there to try and justify being a wannabe scab.

Stonefish

Do you have proof of dues money going to political gains? And I'm not talking about the garbage you are getting on the internet from some anti-union website I'm talking about proof from the local. Show us some receipts for $400 a night rooms and what is was for instead of spouting off crap.

Stonefish

So typical of union thugs here, pro Obama thugs, if you read it right I would be still paying dues just not the $80 but more like $40, so no it's not "free"
That's funny "thug" because your anti-union not paying what you should because you receive the benefits from those of us who do. Your a leech.

1timepu

Nope a shop steward dropped it the other day, at a meeting with stewards and delegates at a resort town near the beach, a car drive away, as for being at the podium, see attending a meeting at this local is kind of like this thread, if you bring up a not popular topic, you get surrounded, and drowned out by people yelling and screaming,not fun, not a scab, I just want a real union that's all, and the last I looked this is a free country, and if your not pro Obama then I suggest you look at the Teamsters.