Become a driver in Irvine, CA

trickpony1

Vette-
While we are on the topic of "vested".............You're right.
I think I'll quit tomorrow because I know you will underwrite the 6% times the number of years I have to work to reach 62 which is what I will be penalized for leaving early.
I will PM my banks address and routing number so you can start the monthly deposits next month. I don't know how to thank you!

What color Corvette should I buy? :thumbup1:

ups_vette

why do you keep calling him "SICKPONY"? it's TRICKPONY!are you here to proof a point or here to degrade a man?? Talking about employer should require some sort of intelligence test, how 'bout you spell his SN correctly?

MRS Vengeance...How does someone "proof a point"? Do you belive an employer doesn't have the right to determine if an applicant has the mental capability to perform the job as the employer requires? The US Military requires applicants to be tested before being accepted in the service.

I know there are some areas that don't require an intelligence test, such as posting on a message board. This is evident when a poster asks "are you here to proof a point".

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
MRS Vengeance...How does someone "proof a point"? Do you belive an employer doesn't have the right to determine if an applicant has the mental capability to perform the job as the employer requires? The US Military requires applicants to be tested before being accepted in the service.

I know there are some areas that don't require an intelligence test, such as posting on a message board. This is evident when a poster asks "are you here to proof a point".

we are not talking about mental capabilities. You are not here to proof your points? you are not posting your side of views here?Then why keep blah blah and blah some more...........not one word about how you misused SOMEONE'S SN? I ASKED the question WHY YOU KEEP CALLING HIM SICKPONY, Answer the question. Don't give me this bull**** about capabilities and intelligence. Yeah you showed alot of intelligeance by dodging the question. Did you pick that up on the job? When asked about one thing........give an answer that's totally unrelated? I KNOW THERE ARE SOME AREAS THAT DON'T REQUIRE AN INTELLIGENCE TEST, SUCH AS THE UPS MANAGEMENT TEAM. IT'S SO EASY THAT YOU DON'T EVEN NEED ANY Academic degree. now you think you are intelligent because you can past the management entrance exam? Go do some readings on isaac asimov's "what is intelligence" :w00t:

abes

abes
Wow,vette delivered for over 6 years,that makes him a spokesperson for pkg. car driver.Mr. wilson I suggest you stay put or find another career path if you wish to spend time with your family and watch the little 1 grow up.UPS pays great,excellent pension and benefits,but there are major trade offs.

trickpony1

cheryl-
I received an infraction point recently for allegedly posting in the same tone and intent as upsvette has here. Apparently posts of this nature are okay for some but not for all and infraction points are handed out in a capricious manner.

I don't recall saying I hate my job. I like my job.
I don't recall saying I hate the company I work for, in fact, in response to a post, I recall saying that, overall, it is a very good company to work for. The exceptions would be a few select individuals, usually in a position of authority, that feel the need to inflict themselves upon others.

Any thoughts?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl-
Am I not allowed to post anymore?

cheryl-
I received an infraction point recently for allegedly posting in the same tone and intent as upsvette has here. Apparently posts of this nature are okay for some but not for all and infraction points are handed out in a capricious manner.

I don't recall saying I hate the company I work for, in fact, in response to a post, I recall saying that, overall, it is a very good company to work for. The exceptions would be a few select individuals, usually in a position of authority, that feel the need to inflict themselves upon others.

Any thoughts?
I sent you a private message about this. Since you didn't respond to my message and have approached me here then I'll respond to you here.

After reviewing the threads I have determined that there are only a few people that are responsible for most of the personal attacks and thread hijacking on this forum, you are one of them. Many of your posts are intelligent and a valuable contribution to our forum. There are also many posts where you go into attack mode. This behavior displays your lack of respect for our community and the rules of this forum and also discourages other people from posting here for fear of being attacked themselves.

This pattern of behavior is the reason that you received an infraction, not for the individual post where the infraction was given. The infraction expires in 10 days, after that time your posts will no longer be queued prior to public display.

You've been a member for a long time and I'm not trying to chase you away. If you will agree to stop making personal attacks against other members then I'll be happy to remove the infraction. It's nothing personal against you, I'm just trying to stop the trend of ad hominem attacks and improve the quality of content on this forum.

BTW, you weren't the only one to receive an infraction yesterday...

From the Brown Cafe terms of service:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Brown Cafe reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

tieguy

Banned
Tie-
I might actually be an accomplished individual and may be working on more accomplishments as we speak. But, unlike yourself, I don't feel the need to parade my accomplishments around.

Perhaps your signature line should be:

"Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, supervise". :thumbup1:

Feel free to list your accomplishments anytime you feel froggy. The age discrimination issue is a mute point. You have a CDL and there are many needs for a driving professional with a CDL. In the Atlantic region our drivers can work after they retire many retire and then drive p/t or friend/t . Many also teach driving to others through various CDL schools. So your shot about teaching also applies to your teamster brothers.

tieguy

Banned
cheryl-

Any thoughts?

Trick all of our normal needling put to the side , I really have a hard time believing this post of yours. I have never seen anyone that comes across more negative about their job then you have on this message board. Maybe you don't realize it when you do it or maybe we are reading your words more harshly then intended but dude everything you post comes across dripping with hate. :confused:1

Perhaps your signature line should be:

"Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, supervise".

You may want to rephrase this qoute!!

"Those you who can,,, DO!, Those who can't,,, Teach"!...
But, those who can not teach, are left without...

Y923

mrwilson -

I cannot help you much since I am fairly new to UPS but I live in La Mirada, CA which was mentioned on your original post. I work at the Cerritos hub, and the two closest hubs to my house are Cerritos and Anaheim.

At the Cerritos hub, it takes 6-8 years to become a driver since it's based on senority. I believe Anaheim is somewhat the same.

I know in some Los Angeles hubs they had openings for drivers but other than that I think you'll have to start as a package handler and work your way up.

AznDiablo

mrwilson -

I cannot help you much since I am fairly new to UPS but I live in La Mirada, CA which was mentioned on your original post. I work at the Cerritos hub, and the two closest hubs to my house are Cerritos and Anaheim.

At the Cerritos hub, it takes 6-8 years to become a driver since it's based on senority. I believe Anaheim is somewhat the same.

I know in some Los Angeles hubs they had openings for drivers but other than that I think you'll have to start as a package handler and work your way up.

They don't have any opening in Los Angeles anymore I work at Main St. Hub

Y923

Ohh ok my bad, sorry!

I just remember seeing that they were hiring drivers at a Los Angeles hub so I was assuming they still were.