Becoming a Delivery Driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Magikarp, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

Hey all I was just wondering about becoming a "metro" delivery driver. I spoke with a few of my friends and they say that it requires you to have worked at the warehouse for a few years prior? Also long term I would like to get into hauling those doubles around on a tractor-trailer, but again heard that I had to do the metro driving first. I was just wondering if any vets had insight about the REAL way to move up with brown or if that was the jist of it. Also I have a Class A and have been hauling hazmat and already have my doubles/triples endorsement.

Anything helps!! Thanks :wink2:
  2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

It depends on your location. But in most location you are years (5-10) away from getting a drivers position and it could be more then 20 years before you got a Ty opportunity.
  3. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I've been driving for 25 years and I'm still nowhere close to the top of the feeder list when it does come up(which is very rarely).
  4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Read around a little bit. 2 people have asked the same question in the past 2 days. Pretty sure their threads are still on page 1.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

depends on where you are. good luck.
  7. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

Its an American tradition! Are you suggesting we act.... .... UN-american
  8. jaker

jaker trolling

I will try to be a little helpful

Go to ups freight and try to get a job