Becoming A driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by cmsullivan, Sep 12, 2012.

1. cmsullivan

cmsullivan New Member

I think they are called feeders here, but Ive been with UPS around two years, an I just got my CDL class A, how difficult will it be for me to to driver the 18 wheelers?
  2. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

As difficult as waiting around for your seniority number to be called. UPS could not care less you already have a CDL.
  3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

In about 20 years or so u should have a shot.
  4. Butters243

Butters243 Member

I know that Ups wants semi drivers to have 3-5 years accident/ ticket free driving to be hired off the street. I'm not saying it can't be done, but your training and testing for feeders may be difficult for someone with no experience. I remember starting out as an OTR driver for other companies , making mistakes but gaining experience. Looking back I realize it was necessary to go through that before working here. Ups wants the best and expects the best. Good luck.
  5. cachsux

cachsux Wah

If you have to ask...............
  6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You hav to pass a drug test so I think you might have problems.
  7. cmsullivan

cmsullivan New Member

That is insulting. Also thank you Butters For an Actual answer other than a smart ass reply
  8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Everything depends on your location. But like becoming a package car driver in goes by seniority. In my area it about a 20 year wait if not more.

You been with UPS for 2 year and THINK they are called feeders. You do understand that the DOT does random drug test without any warning....
  9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Not really read your own post..... Maybe you'll get it but than again maybe you won't.....
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Well from your post you sound waisted.
  11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I am waisted at 24". LOL!!
  12. terrymac

terrymac New Member

I remember when a "drug screen" was something to keep ashes out of your mouth....................:happy-very:
  13. fret811

fret811 New Member

What are the requirements for becoming a package car driver, if you have 2 previous DUIs?
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I don't think you will need to worry about that.
  15. ocnewguy

ocnewguy Member

Everything I've read on here says 3 years of spotless driving.
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Are we really that hard up that we want a 2 time drunk driver working for us?
  17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Only if he can run 3 hours under.
  18. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Ups actually frowns on you unless you have three DUI's.
  19. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

start with getting sober !!
  20. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

no feeders for you !!! Yah guttah be at least a 42" to start or yah get thrown out !!