Becoming a Driver??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by famous018, Jul 26, 2013.

1. famous018

famous018 New Member

i have worked for UPS as a part-timer for 8 years now out of the Ontario center in California. Was just wondering if anyone knows how much longer it will take me to get offered a driver position? or even a full-time combo inside job? also does anyone know about Saturday driving?
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

HR should notify you in the next 2 months. Your next in line.
  3. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Jenny in HR can help you. I forgot her number, though. Someone help us out here.
  4. famous018

famous018 New Member

@brownslave688 Do you work out of Ontario center, CA???
  5. famous018

famous018 New Member

do you guys work out of the Ontario, CA center????
  6. Crazy Diamond

Canada, eh?
  7. famous018

famous018 New Member

O ya I'am out of the Ontario, California. It sucks out here going full time. Does having a DUI affect becoming a driver????
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They just give u one of those breathalyzer things u gotta blow in before u can start the car.
  9. Crazy Diamond

It does. You'll need a clean 10 year MVR. Hang in there, the free benefits will be worth it.

Couldn't help but notice more than a couple folks with DUIs under their belts with aspirations of joining the full time ranks this week. I hope you learned something from your experience. I also hope you're grateful that, you don't wake up everyday knowing you killed someone.

10. Michigan

Michigan New Member

Wow... I'm one lucky SOB

I'm getting hired off the street full time driver for San Jose, CA... not seasonal

I feel bad now....
  11. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Not so much of a problem if you have the cash to bail yourself out of jail.:wink2:
  12. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Ha... Is that what they told you?
  13. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Good luck to you, but the odds of UPS hiring you late into summer season as a permanent full-time driver without ever "auditioning" are very poor. Especially in an area you've never lived in and no absolutely nothing about.
  14. ocnewguy

ocnewguy Member

as long as you've kept that driving record squeaky clean for the last 3 years you are good to go.