Becoming a Full-Time Driver.

PT Car Washer

@AttackedHawk just go with it. Every building is different. There are buildings where it could take you 10 years to become a driver. But then there are buildings like mine where you can be driving on your 31st day. If you weren't supposed to be driving yet then you wouldn't be. Just work as instructed, take your time and try not to get overwhelmed. You've been given a good opportunity. Embrace it.
My building currently has 6 drivers trying to qualify right now. I believe most if not all are FT driver jobs. PT jr is one and is in his 22nd day. Looking real good for him right now. He has been working PT at UPS since July 2014 and after he turned 21 in January he got the call in March. Someone has to replace all the baby boomers, myself included.

wayfair

swollen member
My building currently has 6 drivers trying to qualify right now. I believe most if not all are FT driver jobs. PT jr is one and is in his 22nd day. Looking real good for him right now. He has been working PT at UPS since July 2014 and after he turned 21 in January he got the call in March. Someone has to replace all the baby boomers, myself included.
That's good though, they learn quick. Some are hard headed, but they will eventually get hurt and learn the hard way.

@AttackedHawk just go with it. Every building is different. There are buildings where it could take you 10 years to become a driver. But then there are buildings like mine where you can be driving on your 31st day. If you weren't supposed to be driving yet then you wouldn't be. Just work as instructed, take your time and try not to get overwhelmed. You've been given a good opportunity. Embrace it.
Yup i am embracing it totally. I was talking to one of the drivers today and he told me like 5 drivers are retiring this year and told me i had signed up at the right time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah when I started at ups I was told the wait was 5+ years. The plan was to work while my wife was in school then transfer when she finished school.

22 months in they came up to me and said you're next in seniority to drive if you want to. I jumped at the chance and never looked back.

Yeah when I started at ups I was told the wait was 5+ years. The plan was to work while my wife was in school then transfer when she finished school.

22 months in they came up to me and said you're next in seniority to drive if you want to. I jumped at the chance and never looked back.
Tired of working these rollers man i hope the UPS gods are with me

By The Book

I've seen too many quit. Makes me shake my head after they spend all that time and money, to hire them.
Maybe that's why they try to wash out certain ones, who they kinda know aren't up to the task. One of the best protections we have as employees......not enough credit given to the union for our seniority/negotiating these things.

Undertow82

Share some of that luck with me! I've only been with UPS for 4 months but luckily at my hub there are about 3 part timers who actually want to drive. Most are old heads just working for free insurance.