Bedliners for Pick Up Trucks

Channahon

Just bought a new 2009 Ford friend-150 for my husband and he needs a bedliner. In researching bedliners for pick ups, he's decided on a Rhino liner. Anyone out there have one?

The cost quoted was about $500 with a lifetime warrantly as long as we are the owners of the truck.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Chan, years ago when Rhino started coming into the picture, my step-dad added this service to his already booming auto body shop. I think it is a great product. Durable and long lasting. I personally have never heard any complaints with the product.

brownrodster

Just bought a new 2009 Ford friend-150 for my husband and he needs a bedliner. In researching bedliners for pick ups, he's decided on a Rhino liner. Anyone out there have one?

The cost quoted was about $500 with a lifetime warrantly as long as we are the owners of the truck.

My dads truck has had a rhino lining for 10 years. It's amazing and still like it was when they applied it.

However, when I worked construction, one of the pickup trucks had a rhino lined bed and it could not handle the abuse we gave it. Didn't take long to gouge through the lining and into the metal of the truck. Huge chunks fell off...

For personal use those linings are A+.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My dads truck has had a rhino lining for 10 years. It's amazing and still like it was when they applied it.

However, when I worked construction, one of the pickup trucks had a rhino lined bed and it could not handle the abuse we gave it. Didn't take long to gouge through the lining and into the metal of the truck. Huge chunks fell off...

For personal use those linings are A+.
The type of damage that you are describing could easily have been caused in faulty application. The metal has to be copletely clean of all paint and chemicals. The chemical reation used to create the lining can easily be affected by other chemicals.

Chan, just so you know when the process is complete the lining is completely non toxic and safe for humans and animals.

brownie68

hi im new here , not to get off the subject but i wanted to know if someone could help me post a new thread im having some trouble

rod

Retired 22 years
Bed liners have their pros and cons. They can be slippery so everything slides around every time you hit the brakes or take off. They can also dress up a truck. A car dealer once told me that they are a waste of money because nobody ever got any better trade in allowance because "his pick up box looked good". Trucks are made to use- if you aren't going to use them buy a minivan.

Channahon

Thanks for all your input. We got a black liner and the truck is red with black trim. Looks great and the dealer was great as far as price, and being on time, for us to pick up the truck.

Big Babooba

You bought your husband a truck? Will you marry me?:happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The bed of my truck is lined with rust and chipped paint.

I haul gravel and firewood in it. I stand on its roof to hang my Xmas lights. I lower the tailgate and use it as a work bench. After a successful hunting trip I skin and cut up a deer in the back.

If I get a dent in the body I just pound it back out with a hammer, a rock, or any other handy object.

One of my rear-view mirrors is held on with duct tape.

The headliner is peeling off of the bottom of the roof, so I hold it up by sticking toothpicks thru the little tiny holes in the the liner and up into the foam that the liner used to be stuck to.

It used to have carpet on the floor. I cut the carpet out with an exacto knife so that I can just clean mud off of the bare metal floor with a garden hose.

It is a 3/4 ton, but right now I have it loaded with almost a full cord of green oak firewood that I cut yesterday. There has to be at least 3,000 pounds in the back. The tires look a bit "squished" and its sitting pretty low on the springs, but it went down the road just fine.

Bedliner? No thanks, I'll pass.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sober, what works really well for the headliner is to use (now I gotta figure out how to describe them b/c I don't know what they are called), they are the twist pins used to hold the covers for arm chairs and couchs in place. They look like tiny pig's tails with a sharp point on the end and they are twisted into the material and arm to hold in place. upholstery pins.jpg
I found a pic. These work really well and they dont look to bad.

Upholstery twist pins.
upholstery pins.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What kind of truck sober?

1976 Chevy Silverado camper special 3/4 ton long bed 4x4. 128,000 original miles. 350 V-8 with a Holly 4 barrel carb, Edelbrock intake manifold and headers. I drive it around 500-600 miles per year. Its a great old truck but it gets about 7 MPG so its pretty expensive to drive. I have toyed with the idea of restoring it someday, but if I got it all cherried out I would wind up having to buy another truck to use as a "beater" so I think I will just leave it as is.

Channahon

I would've bargained with the dealer to throw in the bedliner when you purchased the truck.

Actually, the sales person said drop in bedliners can cause water and rust problems, and suggested a spray in liner. I wasn't too big on the idea initially, but will say the Rhino liner looks great. If it makes my husband happy, then I'm happy.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
1976 Chevy Silverado camper special 3/4 ton long bed 4x4. 128,000 original miles. 350 V-8 with a Holly 4 barrel carb, Edelbrock intake manifold and headers. I drive it around 500-600 miles per year. Its a great old truck but it gets about 7 MPG so its pretty expensive to drive. I have toyed with the idea of restoring it someday, but if I got it all cherried out I would wind up having to buy another truck to use as a "beater" so I think I will just leave it as is.

I had a 1977 with a 350 in it and I had to put a camshaft in it at 75,000 miles. A mechanic friend told me that was a common thing for that engine. Have you had to do any engine work on yours?