Been nice working with you all.

Thebrownstreak

So today I officially resigned from UPS. I have been out on workers comp for over a year and a half with a low back injury. Today I had my court date where we worked out the settlement, and am now no longer a Upser. I look back on my 10 years with the company, 8 of which I was a driver with both good and bad memories. The last 1 1/2 years has been tough. I have worked my way back to being able to walk normally, but my back will never be able to support working for UPS anymore. At this time of year, I wish all of you safety, happiness, and friendship. Remember that these are just packages. Even when customers are being ignorant asshats, they are just packages. Make sure you find the time to remember the important things. The only upside with this injury was that i as able to have the time to see a newborn, who was born 2 months before the injury, grow. Thanks for the years, and have a speedy ending to your peak.

Ouch

Hey best of luck to you. Im going thru the same thing right now. 17 years as a driver. Low back injury, one surgery and now a disk they say is not a candidate for surgery. Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck to you and I hope you got what you were asking for.

brown metal coffin

Wish you the best of luck. There is nothing like a serious injury to really start reflecting on whats valuable in life. It was a real humbling experience for me when I blew out my shoulder and you find that you can't even dress yourself without help. After that I had a whole new approach to the job; "survival"! They are just boxes and its one at a time.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Good luck to you. I was out for 11 months with a herniated disc in my lower back. Was able to return but will never be the same. I maintain using an inversion table, Flexeril, Vicodin and lots of Beer.

cino321

Sorry to hear you got injured, but good luck with your future endeavors. If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you got injured?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Did they screw you over? Did they give you enough to never have to work again? Did you just settle and most importantly did you have a really good lawyer?

Thebrownstreak

I'll have to work again at some point. With that being said......i didn't get screwed over, but i would have liked alot more. i did have a good lawyer, but Liberty Mut are a bunch of Mother friend'ers.

Returntosender

I'll have to work again at some point. With that being said......i didn't get screwed over, but i would have liked alot more. i did have a good lawyer, but Liberty Mut are a bunch of Mother friend'ers.
I know someone who had to go court over they're injury. Liberty mutual brought up his training jacket. Saying he was trained in the proper methods. He didn't follow the methods that's why he got hurt. Your injury is on you why should he compensated for his fault. 'LM will make sure all of documents are recorded. Me I save all my letters from union when I file and goes to step 2. If I ever get hurt i can say they were harassing me to work faster and break the procedures threatening me with my employment. A steward wrote paper for paper a few years ago. At UPS sometimes you have to go to extremes with them cause they do it with you.

Indecisi0n

I know someone who had to go court over they're injury. Liberty mutual brought up his training jacket. Saying he was trained in the proper methods. He didn't follow the methods that's why he got hurt. Your injury is on you why should he compensated for his fault. 'LM will make sure all of documents are recorded. Me I save all my letters from union when I file and goes to step 2. If I ever get hurt i can say they were harassing me to work faster and break the procedures threatening me with my employment. A steward wrote paper for paper a few years ago. At UPS sometimes you have to go to extremes with them cause they do it with you.

Even if they put pressure on you its not their fault when you do something wrong. Work, safe and one stop at a time. Last night I brought back 30 stops 55 pcs. Oh well.

Johney

I was told once by someone who went through a mediation and settlement is the way it works and only works is if you walk away thinking you didn't get enough and they walk away thinking they paid too much.

raceanoncr

Very sorry about your injury and health. That is one of the worst things to go through. We all hope you can make it, both physically and emotionally.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Good luck to you and here's hoping you find greener pastures ,and able to spend time with your child ,as many of us never had that !! Good Health in the New Year !!